War Games II- The Dead Code.1337bits

seeders: 0
leechers: 4
Added on April 1, 2010 by in Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVDRipTeleSync

War Games II- The Dead Code.1337bits (Size: 1.53 GB)
 War Games The Dead Code.1337bits.avi1.53 GB
 View all my torrents @ ET.txt143 bytes

Description

Wargames: The Dead Code (2008)

WarGames: The Dead Code
is a 2008 sequel to the 1983 thriller film WarGames. It was written by Randall M. Badat and Rob Kerchner and was directed by Stuart Gillard. Production began on November 20, 2006 in Montreal, and the film was released on DVD on July 29, 2008. According to MGM's original press release, the film is budgeted as one in a series of direct-to-DVD sequels.

Plot

Computer whiz kid Will Farmer's (Matt Lanter) neighbor Massaude comes to Will having a problem with his computer. Will takes the computer and hooks his own up to it and discovers that Massaude's brother is using his online banking to make huge profits. Since he needs $550 to go on a chess club trip, Will steals $500 from Massaude's account to enable him to play the game. He ends up winning $25,000, with the aid of his mother, who knows about biological agents. Little does he know that the online game he plays is actually part of a sophisticated piece of U.S. government spyware designed to find potential terrorists.
Homeland Security, now believing Farmer to be a terrorist, sets out to apprehend him. During Will's return home one day he finds Massaude is being arrested on account of suspected terrorism, and gives Will a huge amount of cash as payment, which he uses to finance his trip. On his arrival to the airport, he finds that there is an abnormally large number of security guards. He manages to slip away and meets up with his friend Annie.
In the streets, he manages to hack the government network, only to be found by the police, and as Annie pointed out, a man in an overcoat. The cops chase the couple until they get lost in the subway systems. Will manages to find a way out, and they meet the man who was watching them from the doorway, he says that he nearly started World War 3, and to meet them at his truck. He is revealed to be Professor Falken, who had helped design R.I.P.L.E.Y. They travel to a small power plant outside a dam, where the professor shows them a dilapidated computer called WOPR (War Operation Plan Response) from the original WarGames film, which is operating the power grid at only %5 of its potential efficiency. Professor Falken had designed this computer to aid in the planning of a global thermonuclear war if it was needed. Falken re-activates (awakens) WOPR with his backdoor password "Joshua" (the name of Falken's deceased son as well as the name the professor uses to refer to the A.I. that is WOPR). At which point Joshua starts flooding R.I.P.L.E.Y.'s system with a myriad of games, which seem to be overloading the system, but then R.I.P.L.E.Y shuts down and reboots to successfully rid herself of the games.
Rebooted, R.I.P.L.E.Y which controls a predator drone with missiles and a nuclear warhead on board, which she uses to destroy the facility housing Joshua. Joshua warns The professor that R.I.P.L.E.Y.'s advancing attack would result in obliteration; so Will and Annie flee the facility just before it gets blown up by the drone's missile, with the professor, who was dying from prostate cancer remaining in the building at the time, last seen pressing a button and saying "Good bye, Joshua".
The couple gets to the room where R.I.P.L.E.Y is stored, only to find that she has taken control over the system, and they discover that Professor Falken has transferred Joshua via an email to them to help them stop R.I.P.L.E.Y. They use him to help stop R.I.P.L.E.Y by forcing her hand, as Annie remembers a chess game known as "Suicide Chess" which is equated to being the same as Russian Roulette. Their idea works and stops R.I.P.L.E.Y. Having learned the concept of futility presented by an unwinnable game, R.I.P.L.E.Y. runs through all the possible scenarios of a total war, which all end in stalemates (Mutual Assured Destruction) as well. At which point she says "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play", just as Joshua had said at the end of the original film after learning how to play Tic-Tac-Toe.

Cast

Matt Lanter as Will Farmer
Amanda Walsh as Annie D'Mateo
Colm Feore as T. Kenneth Hassert/Voice of Joshua
Chuck Shamata as Bill Carter
Maxim Roy as Tina Rashe
Nicolas Wright as Dennis Nichols
Gary Reineke as Stephen Falken
Susan Glover as Gail Farmer
Trevor Hayes as Agent Aaron Scott
Claudia Ferri as Agent Bolton
Vlasta Vrana as Ivan Prokosh