Pink Floyd -Time- The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1994 - Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4

seeders: 8
leechers: 0
Added on January 26, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Pink Floyd -Time- The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1994 - Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4 (Size: 266.57 MB)
 Pink Floyd -Time- The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1994 - Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4266.57 MB

Description

imageimage

"Time"
Pink Floyd Live 1994
The Dark Side of The Moon 40th Anniversary 1973-2013
The finished Audio lists at 600kbs.
Pink Floyd were an English rock band that achieved international acclaim with their progressive and psychedelic music. The Band formed in 1965. "Time" is the fourth track from the English progressive rock band Pink Floyd's 1973 album The Dark Side of the Moon, and the only song on the album credited to all four members of the band, though the lyrics were written by Roger Waters. The whispers that can be heard throughout the album are references to Syd Barrett's madness - David Gilmour said this himself when interviewed about Dark Side Of The Moon. `Time' is about how time can slip by, but many people do not realize it until it is too late. Roger Waters got the idea when he realized he was no longer preparing for anything in life, but was right in the middle of it. He has described this realisation taking place at ages 28 and 29 in various interviews. It is noted for its long introductory passage of clocks chiming and alarms ringing, recorded as a quadrophonic test by Alan Parsons, not specifically for the album. Each clock at the beginning of the song was recorded separately in an antiques store. This is followed by a two-minute passage dominated by Nick Mason's drum solo, with rototoms and backgrounded by a tick-tock sound created by Roger Waters picking two muted strings on his bass. With David Gilmour singing lead on the verses and with Richard Wright singing lead on the bridges and with female singers and Gilmour providing backup vocals, the song's lyrics deal with Roger Waters' realization that life was not about preparing yourself for what happens next, but about grabbing control of your own destiny.He (Alan Parsons) had just recently before we did that album gone out with a whole set of equipment and had recorded all these clocks in a clock shop. And we were doing the song Time, and he said "Listen, I just did all these things, I did all these clocks," and so we wheeled out his tape and listened to it and said "Great! Stick it on!" And that, actually, is Alan Parsons' idea.
David Gilmour
The drums used on the Time track are roto-toms. I think we did some experiments with some other drums called boo-bans, which are very small, tuned drums, but the roto-toms actually gave the best effect.
Nick Mason
According to an interview by Phil Taylor in 1994, David Gilmour had been using a Lexicon PCM-70 to store the circular delay sounds heard in "Time", which could duplicate the kind of echo he used to get from his old Binson echo unit.
The song was performed live from 1972 to 1975 and from 1987 to 1994.
Syd Barrett's departure and the demise of the Band:
In late December 1967, drummer Nick Mason approached Gilmour and asked him if he would be interested in joining Pink Floyd. He accepted and soon afterward became their fifth member; they initially intended to continue with Barrett as a nonperforming songwriter. One of the group's business partners, Peter Jenner, commented: "The idea was that Dave would ... cover for Barrett's eccentricities and when that got to be not workable, Syd was just going to write. Just to try to keep him involved". By March 1968, working with Barrett had become too difficult, so Pink Floyd met with business partners Jenner and Andrew King to discuss the situation. During the meeting, Barrett agreed to leave the band and the others committed to moving on without him. Waters later admitted: "He was our friend, but most of the time we now wanted to strangle him". Jenner and King, who believed Barrett to be the creative genius of the band, decided to represent him and end their relationship with Pink Floyd. After Barrett's departure, Gilmour sang much of Pink Floyd's lead vocals; Waters and keyboard player Richard Wright also occasionally sang lead. After the successes of The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here, Waters took greater control of the band, writing and singing lead on most of Animals and The Wall. Wright was fired during the sessions for The Wall, and the relationship between Gilmour and Waters would further deteriorate during the making of the eponymous film, and later during recording sessions for The Final Cut. The last band performance of The Wall took place on 16 June 1981, at Earls Court, London; it was Pink Floyd's last appearance with Waters until the band's reunion on 2 July 2005, at the Live 8 concert in London's Hyde Park, 24 years later

Lyrics

"Time"

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away, across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spell

Video:
Frame Width: 688
Frame Height: 480
Data Rate: 3005kbps
Total Bitrate: 3605kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Track 2
7.1 ch mix
Bit Rate: 1536kbps
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
266.57 MB
seeders:8
leechers:0
Pink Floyd -Time- The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1994 - Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4

Screenshots

Pink Floyd -Time- The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1994 - Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4 screenshot
Pink Floyd -Time- The Dark Side Of The Moon - Live 1994 - Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4 screenshot

All Comments

Thanks uploader. A/V 10/10