Pink Floyd-Wish You Were, Syd-Live 2005 Reunion-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp4

seeders: 5
leechers: 2
Added on February 4, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were, Syd-Live 2005 Reunion-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp4 (Size: 122.59 MB)
 Pink Floyd-Wish You Were, Syd-Live 2005 Reunion-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp4122.59 MB

Description

imageimageimageimage image
{This last image was edited/added as I found an actual pic of Syd Barrett, visiting Abbey Road Studios on 5 June 1975} Thank You Syd!!! for your inspirations on all the original Pink Floyd Albums that most people NEED to hear to really understand who and What Pink Floyd was the first time I laid down on our living room couch to listen to the King Biscuit Flour Hour with headphones and all of a sudden I was listening to the MOST EXTRAORDINARY MUSIC I could ever believe imaginable. Pink Floyd had just arrived in my life in 1971!!! totally unexpected!!
`A Saucerful of Secrets'
`Ummagumma'
'Atom Heart Mother'
'Meddle'
Just to name a few! Trust me these are best listened to with Headphones as you will be amazed!
"Wish You (Syd) (and now Richard) Were Here"
Pink Floyd Live Reunion 2005
It is very apparent that Roger Waters missed Syd's friendship and being a bandmate to the extent he dedicated this the most humbling beautiful song for Syd's memory. This is my personal second favorite Album behind Dark Side Of the Moon of course, as I am positive we all have our own personal favorite Albums by Pink Floyd as they seemed to explore such totally diverse subjects and areas of musical awareness on every phase of their Album(s) creativity. Band members Richard Wright and David Gilmour have each declared Wish You Were Here their favorite Pink Floyd album. No Surprise to me.
The finished Audio lists at 643kbs.
Pink Floyd were an English rock band that achieved international acclaim with their progressive and psychedelic music. Distinguished by their use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, and elaborate live shows, they are one of the most commercially successful and musically influential groups in the history of popular music.
Founded in 1965, Pink Floyd originally consisted of students Syd Barrett, Nick Mason, Roger Waters, and Richard Wright. Wish You Were Here is the ninth studio album by the English progressive rock group Pink Floyd, released in September 1975. It explores themes of absence, the music business and former band member Syd Barrett's mental decline. Inspired by material the band composed while performing across Europe, Wish You Were Here was recorded in numerous sessions at London's Abbey Road Studios. The premise of the album was based on a song written by the band called "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". "Shine On" was a tribute to Barrett, who, coincidentally, made an impromptu visit to the studio while it was being recorded. It was lead writer Roger Waters's idea to split the "Shine On" in two parts and use it to bookend the album around three new compositions, forming a new concept similar to their previous album, The Dark Side of the Moon.
As with that record, the band made use of studio effects and synthesizers for Wish You Were Here. Additionally, the band brought in guest singers to supply their vocals to some tracks, another feature from their previous album. These singers included Roy Harper, who provided the lead vocals on "Have a Cigar", and The Blackberries, who made guest background vocals on "Shine On". Wish You Were Here was released in the early autumn of 1975. The album became an instant commercial success and record company EMI was unable to print enough copies to satisfy demand. Although it initially received mixed reviews, the album has since been acclaimed by critics and appears on Rolling Stone's list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time". Band members Richard Wright and David Gilmour have each declared Wish You Were Here their favourite Pink Floyd album. Wish You Were Here is the second Pink Floyd album to use a conceptual theme written entirely by Waters. It reflects his feeling that the camaraderie that had served the band previously was, by then, largely absent. The album begins with a long instrumental preamble and segues into the lyrics for "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", a tribute to former band member Syd Barrett—whose mental breakdown had forced him to leave the band several years before.[4] Barrett is fondly recalled with lines such as "Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun" and "You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon".Wish You Were Here is also a critique of the music business. "Shine On" crosses seamlessly into "Welcome to the Machine", a song that begins with an opening door (described by Waters as a symbol of musical discovery and progress betrayed by a music industry more interested in greed and success) and ends with a party, the latter epitomising "the lack of contact and real feelings between people". Similarly, "Have a Cigar" scorns record industry "fatcats"; its lyrics contain well-used clichés such as "can hardly count", "they call it riding the gravy train" and "by the way, which one's Pink?"—a question asked of the band on at least one occasion. "Wish You Were Here" contains lyrics which relate not only to Barrett's condition, but also to the dichotomy of Waters' character, as an idealist, and a domineering personality. The album closes with a reprise of "Shine On" and further instrumental excursions.Alan Parsons, EMI staff engineer for Pink Floyd's previous studio album, The Dark Side of the Moon, had declined the band's offer to continue working with them (Parsons became successful in his own right with The Alan Parsons Project).[8] The group had worked with engineer Brian Humphries on More, recorded at Pye Studios,[9] and again in 1974 when he replaced an inexperienced concert engineer hired at short notice.[10] He was, therefore, the natural choice to work on the band's new material, although as a stranger to EMI's Abbey Road set-up he encountered some early difficulties. On one occasion, Humphries inadvertently spoiled the backing tracks for "Shine On", a piece that Waters and Mason had spent many hours perfecting, with echo. The entire piece had to be re-recorded.Working from Studio Three, the group found it difficult at first to devise any new material, especially as the success of The Dark Side of the Moon had left all four physically and emotionally drained. Richard Wright has since described these early sessions as "falling within a difficult period", and Roger Waters found them "torturous". Drummer Nick Mason found the process of multi-track recording drawn out and tedious, and David Gilmour was more interested in improving the band's existing material. He was also becoming increasingly frustrated with Mason, whose failing marriage had brought on a general malaise and sense of apathy, both of which interfered with his drumming. Mason has since admitted that Nick Kent's criticisms in the NME may have had some influence however in keeping the band together It wa.s a very difficult period I have to say. All your childhood dreams had been sort of realised and we had the biggest selling records in the world and all the things you got into it for. The girls and the money and the fame and all that stuff it was all ... everything had sort of come our way and you had to reassess what you were in it for thereafter, and it was a pretty confusing and sort of empty time for a while ...
—David Gilmour,

However, after several weeks Waters began to visualise another concept. The three new compositions from 1974's tour were at least a starting point for a new album, and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" seemed a reasonable choice as a centrepiece for the new work. Mostly an instrumental twenty-minute-plus piece similar to "Echoes", the opening four-note guitar phrase reminded Waters of the lingering ghost of former band-member Syd Barrett. Gilmour had composed the phrase entirely by accident, but was encouraged by Waters' positive response. Waters wanted to split "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", and sandwich two new songs between its two halves. Gilmour disagreed, but was outvoted three to one. "Welcome to the Machine" and "Have a Cigar" were barely-veiled attacks on the music business, their lyrics working neatly with "Shine On" to provide an apt summary of the rise and fall of Barrett; "Because I wanted to get as close as possible to what I felt ... that sort of indefinable, inevitable melancholy about the disappearance of Syd." "Raving and Drooling" and "You Gotta Be Crazy" had no place in the new concept, and were set aside until the following album, 1977's Animals.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not so funny story on this.
A Friend and I went to go buy this Tape, when it came out...I HAD to have it, love this one to this day, and of course as we were driving to the Music Store we were `inhaling' not to be outdone by Pres. Clinton, and as I handed the J to my buddy (I was driving a perfect yellow Chevy Coupe) another car pulled out in front of us on the highway, I will never forget looking right at that man's face turned away from my car as I couldn't do anything but slam into his drivers door as he was right in front of us in a split second looking in the other direction!! The Police showed up and another witness explained he saw the whole thing and there was nothing I could do about the accident, but what I noticed was the other man arguuing with his children in the back seat to such an extent he wasn't even looking at both directions, he just pulled right out in front of me on a 45 mph hwy! luckily he was the only one injured with glass in his eyes (he turned out fine) but of course me and my buddy had to hitchike home with my car totaled and then listened to this `Wish You were Here' Tape afterwards. Life is waaay too short to argue with your own children to that extent.

Lyrics

"Wish You Were Here"

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
[/b
]

Video:
Frame Width: 1280
Frame Height: 720
Data Rate: 3009kbps
Total Bitrate: 3652kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48khz

Track 2
7.1 ch mix
Bit Rate: 1536kbps
Audio Sample Rate: 48khz

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
122.59 MB
seeders:5
leechers:2
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were, Syd-Live 2005 Reunion-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp4

Screenshots

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were, Syd-Live 2005 Reunion-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp4 screenshot
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were, Syd-Live 2005 Reunion-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp4 screenshot

All Comments

wish I could find entire concert
I pmd you. Best of luck!! feel free to pm me anytime.