Cooking the Norwegian Way

seeders: 26
leechers: 14
Added on January 4, 2015 by a0b10c110in Books > Textbooks
Torrent verified.

Cooking the Norwegian Way (Size: 7.29 MB)
 Cooking the Norwegian Way.pdf7.27 MB
 Cooking the Norwegian Way - cover.jpg17.49 KB
 Cooking the Norwegian Way - info.txt2.6 KB

Description

An introduction to the cooking of Norway, featuring traditional recipes such as fruit soup, Christmas bread, and rice pudding. Also includes a typical menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and several dishes from other Scandinavian countries.

Product Details

Language: English
ISBN-10: 0822541181
ISBN-13: 978-0822541189

Editorial Reviews

Grade 5-8-Three attractive titles in an extensively revised series. In each volume, the front matter comprises close to half the book. Geography, history, holidays and festivals, typical ingredients, and sample menus are all covered. Safety tips are also included (with no mention of adult supervision), as are tips for healthful cooking. Each book presents about 20 recipes, mostly focusing on lunch, dinner, and holiday foods. A number of recipes are vegetarian, and several seem to be low in fat (although nutrition information is not included). Skills needed cover a fairly large range, from easy to difficult, such as working with phyllo dough (Greek) or making yeast bread (Norwegian). The narrative pieces are smoothly written and offer some interesting tidbits. The authors are either natives or have some family connection to the country under discussion. The pages are a warm buff color, and the design allows plenty of space on the page for the text and the nicely reproduced color photos. All in all, these are good resources for reports and for older kids who want to add something new to their cooking for family or friends.

Reviews

I saw this book randomly in the children's book section of my local bookstore and it caught my eye. Being Norwegian, pretty much everything with "Norway!" or the like catches my eye.

I started browsing through the book, and it's beautifully designed! There are a few different sections on traditional Norwegian families and how they do their cooking, some utensils you may want to invest in while using Norwegian recipes, and commonly used ingredients - such as cardamom and white pepper. All in all, very informative!

It also has beautiful, color images of almost all of the recipes in the book. So, while the recipes are very useful and tasty, the books itself is nice as a decorative piece in my kitchen!

Great book to give to a Norwegian friend or someone who's feeling a little adventurous in their cooking.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
7.29 MB
seeders:26
leechers:14

All Comments

thank you