Wynton Marsalis- Baroque Music For Trumpets

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on January 12, 2013 by MikeyLikesIt1in Music
Torrent verified.

Wynton Marsalis- Baroque Music For Trumpets (Size: 43.69 MB)
 01 I. Allegro.wma2.9 MB
 02 II. Largo.wma927.8 KB
 03 III. Allegro.wma3.13 MB
 04 I. Moderato.wma3.82 MB
 05 II. Largo.wma2.3 MB
 06 III. Allegro.wma3.13 MB
 07 Canon in D major for 3 Trumpets and Strings.wma6 MB
 08 I. Adagio.wma5.49 MB
 09 II. Allegro.wma2.72 MB
 10 I. Largo.wma1.68 MB
 11 Allegro Moderato.wma2.66 MB
 12 II. Adagio.wma2.12 MB
 13 III. Presto.wma1.66 MB
 14 Sonata Sancto Polycarpi à 9, for 8 trumpets, kettledrums & continuo in.wma5.16 MB

Description

Musician | Educator | Band leader | Composer | Author | Ambassador
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1961, Wynton Marsalis received his first trumpet at the age of six, a gift from the legendary Al Hirt. Fostered by his community and family, Wynton began to perform in local bands. At the age of 17, he was accepted into The Juilliard School in New York City and soon thereafter was discovered by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers.

Wynton made his recording debut as a leader in 1982 and has since recorded more than 60 jazz and classical recordings, garnering him nine GRAMMY® Awards. In 1983, he became the first and only artist to win both classical and jazz GRAMMY’s® in the same year. Wynton’s sixth release with Blue Note Records in 2009 titled He and She was inspired by his original poem of the same title.

Mr. Marsalis’ rich body of compositions includes varied combinations of jazz, classical, choral, dance, gospel and blues. In 1997, he became the first jazz artist to be awarded the prestigious Pulitzer Prize in music for his oratorio, Blood on the Fields. In 1999, he premiered a specially commissioned work All Rise, performed by the New York Philharmonic, Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra and the Morgan State University Choir. In April 2008, Wynton composed a full mass in celebration of the 200th Anniversary of the Harlem’s Abyssinian Baptist Church.

An internationally respected teacher and spokesman for music education, Wynton conducts workshops all over the world. He created and hosts the popular Jazz for Young People ® concerts, Marsalis on Music DVD series and was honored with a Peabody Award for the radio series Making the Music. He has also written five books including his most recent release Moving to Higher Ground: How Jazz Can Change Your Life.

Mr. Marsalis is the Artistic Director of Jazz at Lincoln Center and helped lead the effort to construct its current home – Frederick P. Rose Hall – the first education, performance, and broadcast facility devoted to jazz.

Released 2004 Sony Music Entertainment Inc
Total Run Time: 47 minutes

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
43.69 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0

All Comments