World of Goo 1.3 Mac (Size: 64.09 MB)
 Demonoid.com.txt42 bytes
 world_of_goo_1.3.dmg64.09 MB

Description

R3DP0150N Proudly Presents
WORLD OF GOO

review:

Intro:
The game, as amazing as it sounds, was created by two people who used to work at EA. In general the game can be described as a physics puzzle game and has been compared to the Fantastic Contraption flash game, among others. It is, however, a game unlike any other and offers excellent gameplay, beautiful art, and epic music. It received the "Design Innovation Award" and the "Technical Excellence Award" at the 2008 Independent Games Festival.

Gameplay:
The game is controlled entirely by the mouse. Building goo towers is as simple as dragging and dropping goos to form links with other goos. The goal of every level is to get goos into the Goo Corporation pipe, but the similarities between levels really stop there.
It is amazingly satisfying to build up a giant tower, bridge a huge chasm, or explode a bomb all with simple goos. Add to the game the puzzle aspect and the many "aha" moments you will experience and it becomes intellectually fun and challenging as well.

Story:
The storytelling used throughout the game is done mainly with the help of the sign painter, a mysterious person(maybe?) that proceeds you through each level and offers hints, tips, jokes, and unveils story elements. There are also some great cutscenes and dialogs that serve to advance the story, and are riddled with the great 2D Boy/Tim Burton art inspiration.

Graphics/Sound:
I should also mention what a huge impact the sound is on the overall setting of each level, and how great the music and sound effects are in general. I find myself listening to the music outside the game it is so good. It certainly has a Danny Elfman feel to it in parts, and in other parts it is pure 2D Boy.
The graphics also benefit from a Tim Burton influence greatly. They help to set the tone of the overall story and really immerse the gamer into the goo world.
The variety and ingenious design of the goo balls add both to the gameplay and the overall visual impression.

Play Time/Replayability:
This game took me about a week of causal gameplay to finish. There are a total of 48 levels collected in 4 chapters and one epilogue. The replayability is helped by OCD challenges for each level, which are a sort of achievement system for those perfectionists out there. Some are very difficult to get and require thinking far outside the box.
Another feature that helps replayability is the Goo Corporation where players can build a tower from the extra balls they collected throughout the game. I ended up with something like 600+ balls after beating the game, so you can build a truly giant tower. Connected to this feature is the in-game and website leaderboards. In the Goo Corporation sandbox, as you build your tower, you are presented with the heights of fellow players' towers and are goaded to build higher and higher. Likewise on the website you can see all the top tower builders in the world. The current highest is around 40m at the time of writing, which is truly a stunning height.

Final Recommendation:
I totally recommend this game for everyone. Children and adults alike, everyone will enjoy this game, and you don't need a supercomputer to play it like other modern games. The minor annoyances such as not being able to switch resolutions, among others, are easily overlooked to experience all this game has to offer. It provides an excellent story telling experience coupled with amazing visuals and sound. This, for me, is the best indy/casual game of the year, and very nearly the best overall game of the year.

precracked so u dont have to do anything but open and PLAY!

hav fun

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
64.09 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1
World of Goo 1.3 Mac

Trailer