Wolfe, Tom-The Bonfire of the Vanities - epub - zeke23

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on May 29, 2015 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Wolfe, Tom-The Bonfire of the Vanities - epub - zeke23 (Size: 669.03 KB)
 Wolfe, Tom-The Bonfire of the Vanities.epub669.03 KB

Description

The Bonfire of the Vanities
by Tom Wolfe
3.77 of 5 stars
3.77 · rating details · 45,430 ratings · 1,742 reviews 23
Tom Wolfe's modern American satire tells the story of Sherman McCoy, a Wall Street "Master of the Universe" who has it all - a Park Avenue apartment, a job that brings wealth, power and prestige, a beautiful wife, an even more beautiful mistress.

Suddenly, one wrong turn makes it all go wrong, and Sherman spirals downward in a sudden fall from grace that sucks him into the ravenous heart of a New York City gone mad during the go-go, racially turbulent, socially hilarious 1980s.

This book was a refreshing change from the introspective, thoughtful books I'd been reading. It had been a while since a book had me glued to the bed all day, lying on my right side or lying on my left side, with the A/C turned on or with the A/C turned off, wearing my shirt or not wearing my shirt, with the book in hand or without the book in hand, marveling at a particular turn of phrase or dreaming about juicy jugs and loamy loins (a Wolfism). This lengthy novel at 700 pages was a page turner to say the least and this wasn’t because the plot was wildly inventive or the characters were oh-so-adorable. I turned the pages for Wolfe. Oh, bloody Wolfe!

Wolfe was educated at Washington and Lee Universities and also at Yale, where he received a PhD in American studies.

Tom Wolfe spent his early days as a Washington Post beat reporter, where his free-association, onomatopoetic style would later become the trademark of New Journalism. In books such as The Electric Koolaid Acid Test, The Right Stuff, and The Bonfire of the Vanities, Wolfe delves into the inner workings of the mind, writing about the unconscious decisions people make in their lives. His attention to eccentricities of human behavior and language and to questions of social status are considered unparalleled in the American literary canon.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
669.03 KB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Wolfe, Tom-The Bonfire of the Vanities - epub - zeke23