Vance Gilbert...One Thru Fourteen(2002)[FLAC]

seeders: 1
leechers: 1
Added on January 15, 2012 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Vance Gilbert...One Thru Fourteen(2002)[FLAC] (Size: 347.58 MB)
 05 - Hard to Love.flac33 MB
 02 - Juliana Walks.flac31.81 MB
 03 - Son of Someones Son.flac31.11 MB
 10 - I Have Always Loved You.flac29.59 MB
 04 - Why Are We So Cruel.flac28.64 MB
 07 - Don't Leave a Trace.flac28.58 MB
 01 - Waiting for Gilligan.flac28.49 MB
 09 - If You See James.flac27.03 MB
 06 - I'll Cry Too.flac25.17 MB
 08 - Eliza Jane.flac23.31 MB
 11 - Highrise.flac18.51 MB
 13 - A Little Bit Gone.flac18.16 MB
 12 - Let Me Know.flac12.2 MB
 14 - What Good Is That.flac11.21 MB
 15 - [Untitled Hidden Track].flac647.54 KB
 folder.jpg127.45 KB
 Vance Gilbert - One Thru Fourteen.log6.72 KB
 Vance Gilbert - One Thru Fourteen.cue3.06 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt46 bytes

Description

One Thru Fourteen[2002]Louisiana Red Hot 1157

1 Waiting for Gilligan Gilbert 4:10
2 Juliana Walks Gilbert 4:32
3 Son of Someones Son Gilbert 5:16
4 Why Are We So Cruel? Gilbert 3:46
5 Hard to Love Gilbert 5:19
6 I'll Cry Too Gilbert 4:30
7 Don't Leave a Trace Gilbert 4:00
8 Eliza Jane Gilbert 4:12
9 If You See James Gilbert 4:15
10 I Have Always Loved You Gilbert 4:25
11 Highrise Gilbert 3:37
12 Let Me Know Gilbert 2:06
13 A Little Bit Gone Gilbert 3:16
14 What Good Is That? Gilbert 2:33
15 [Untitled Hidden Track] 0:09

Up until One Thru Fourteen, Vance Gilbert had never really seemed comfortable putting an album together in a studio. His first two efforts, Edgewise and Fugitives, stifled his flamboyant energy in wishy-washy folk-lite arrangements, and though his next two were significant improvements, they weren't really traditional studio records. (Somerville Live was a solo concert performance and Shaking Off Gravity was essentially a live album recorded in a studio.) But with One Thru Fourteen, Gilbert seems finally to have learned how to use rich instrumentation to enhance rather than enervate his free-wheeling charm. Gilbert may have taken his cue from Martin Sexton, another dynamic Boston folk performer with a funky attitude and the vocal chops to branch out seamlessly into R&B, soul, and rock. Like Sexton's The American, One Thru Fourteen employs numerous musicians and blazes through a dizzying array of popular music genres. Gilbert rocks out on "Juliana Walks," sings the blues on "Hard to Love," goes Motown on "Son of Someone's Son," and experiments with Latin flamenco pop on "Why Are We So Cruel?" Yet the record never suffers from multiple personality disorder, because it all flows so organically from Gilbert's personality. That's not to say there aren't flaws. The second half of the album is considerably softer, slower, and folkier than the first, and one can't help feeling that the energy should be more evenly distributed. Gilbert also compromises the freshness of the record by recycling gimmicks from previous albums. His Billie Holiday impression was funnier and more accurate on Somerville Live's "Imagination" than it is on the otherwise fine jazz number, "I'll Cry Too." And Gilbert's third glass-shattering a cappella ballad, "Let Me Know," is unlikely to impress listeners who've already heard "Spencer the Rover" and "Could You Believe." But One Thru Fourteen is still a tour de force and a truly exciting development in the career of an accomplished recording veteran.

cd ripped by EAC

please seed

[url]="http://dickthespic.org/2011/12/22/vance-gilbert/"

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
347.58 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1
Vance Gilbert...One Thru Fourteen(2002)[FLAC]