Valhalla 1-11 (JJ-data9724-DCP) [DCP-D]

seeders: 9
leechers: 1
Added on August 18, 2012 by MainManateein Books > Comics
Torrent verified.

Valhalla 1-11 (JJ-data9724-DCP) [DCP-D] (Size: 344.98 MB)
 Valhalla 01 - Cry Wolf (fixed) (1979) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr31.63 MB
 Valhalla 02 - Thor's Wedding (fixed) (1980) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr35.53 MB
 Valhalla 03 - Odin's Wager (fixed) (1982) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr38.3 MB
 Valhalla 04 - The Story of Quark (fixed) (1987) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr31.36 MB
 Valhalla 05 - The Journey to Utgards-Loki (fixed) (1989) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr31.17 MB
 Valhalla 06 - The Golden Apples (fixed) (1990) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr31.82 MB
 Valhalla 07 - The Serpent in the Abyss (fixed) (1991) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr31.71 MB
 Valhalla 08 - Freyja's Necklace (fixed) (1992) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr29.08 MB
 Valhalla 09 - The Big Challenge (fixed) (1993) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr29.79 MB
 Valhalla 10 - The Gifts for the Gods (1997) (JJ-data9724).cbr29.33 MB
 Valhalla 11 - The Magic Mead (1998) (JJ-data9724-DCP).cbr25.27 MB

Description

Valhalla is the most famous Danish comic, a great comic for all ages, about the nordic gods.

I have been working on the project to scanlate this series for almost 4 years now. 1-9 has been out for a while, and finally we got 10-11 ready for release.
Sadly, I noticed a small error in aspect ratio on some pages (between 1 and 12 pages pr book), that affected all books apart from Valhalla 3. So I have decided to do a fixed version of all the earlier books, to get out along with Valhalla 10 and 11.
All books have had the aspect ratio errors fixed
All books have had touchups and fixes on cover and back cover, mainly using a technique to remove the small trace of light at the edges.
All books with art inside that went all the way to the edge of the page have had the same overhaul.
Book 1 now has one more sound effect.
Book 3 now has english text on a can of horn polish.
Book 4 have 2 changed sound effects.
Book 6 now have english text on the skull mug on the inner cover, and fixed a misspelling.
Book 8 has a changed sound effect.

So if you have the old Valhalla books, please delete them, and grab this new version. And enjoy Valhalla 10 - The Gifts for the Gods and Valhalla 11 - The Magic Mead.

Valhalla 01 - Cry Wolf
A thunderstorm is approaching as Thor, the God of Thunder, and his kinsman Loki arrive at the farm where the siblings Tjalfe and Roskva live. Thor brings them along to the land of the gods, Asgard, where the two children are involved in an adventurous story, culminating in the escape of the dreaded Fenris-Wolf and the threat it poses to the peace of Asgard ...

Valhalla 02 - Thor's Wedding
There's much commotion when Thor, the God of Thunder, finds that his magic hammer, Mjolnir, has been stolen by the awe-inspiring jotunns. If such a frightening weapon falls in the wrong hands, it will pose a serious threat to all the gods. Therefore, our friends Thor, Loki, Tjalfe and Roskva must disguise themselves and travel to the land of the jotunns in order to retrieve Mjolnir ...

Valhalla 03 - Odin's Wager
The Valkyries routinely transport dead viking warrior's souls to the halls of Valhalla on high. However, Odin, King of the Gods, is not satisfied with the standard of warriors he gets. He bets the Valkyries he can easily find three warriors who can do better than all the Valkyries' harvest put together. This, of course, turns out to be harder than expected. Odin keeps up his search while his two raving mad brothers, Vili and Ve, take the reins at Valhalla ...

Valhalla 04 - The Story of Quark
The shrewd Loki is not always so shrewd. One night he makes a bet with the jotunns that he can easily teach Quark - a jotunn child notorious for playing mischievous tricks - how to behave. Before long, however, Loki is forced to realise that he has overestimated his abilities. He leaves it to Thor's servants Tjalfe and Roskva to teach Quark manners. But can two mere humans really do a job that gods and jotunns have given up?
The animated feature film Valhalla is based on The Story of Quark and The Journey to Utgard-Loki.

Valhalla 05 - The Journey to Utgards-Loki
Thor and Loki go to Utgard to hand the young giant Quark back to Utgards-Loki. However, the uncrowned king of giants does not wish to take the young troublemaker back unless Thor and his following pass certain tests: a foot race, an eating contest, cat-lifting, emptying of drinking horns - and a dance with and old witch/hag. Everything looks nice and easy, not to say foolishly so. But the giants have prepared a cruel magic trap.

Valhalla 06 - The Golden Apples
Loki sees an opportunity to make fast profit when the rich jotunn Thiassi reveals his interest in the goddess Idun and her golden apples. Of course there's the small problem of making Idun agree, not to mention the fact that the other gods are likely to become sore just because they will turn into old dodderers if they no longer get apples from Idun. But worst of all, Thiassi's payment is not forthcoming and his daughter, Skadi, is looking for a man just like Loki.

Valhalla 7 - The Serpent in the Abyss
The two mightiest gods in Asgard are Thor, the God of Thunder, and Tyr, the God of War. But who is the mightiest? To answer this question, our friends travel to the outermost part of Jotunheim, where their friendship is put to a gruelling test during Thor's attempts to land the Midgard Serpent…

Valhalla 08 - Freyja's Necklace
It is the springtime, the sun is shining, and the love goddess Freyja dances merrily, wearing her wonderful necklace, Brisingamen. Everyone admires her, as well as her necklace… but not everyone leaves it at admiration. Soon Freyja is threatened by a cunning opponent who will use any means to get ahold of her precious treasure…

Valhalla 09 - The Big Challenge
One must be pretty stupid and arrogant to challenge Thor, the God of Thunder, to single combat. However, this is just what happens one day when Hrungnir, who is considered the strongest of all the jotunns, sees a chance to get his inveterate enemy down. Thor's opponent has a rather weighty trump up his sleeve, and the God of Thunder realizes how lucky it is for him to have a young human servant like Tjalfe...

Valhalla 10 - The Gifts for the Gods
"Before dawn, my friend, I'll have conquered her," brags Loki, "and to prove it I'll bring you a lock of her hair!" However, the woman is uncooperative and Loki ends up shaving all her hair off in order to provide the promised sample. Not too clever! His friend turns out to be Thor, the woman Thor's heart's idol, the beautiful Sif from Vanaheim. Loki has to rush out to find a suitable present to make up for the loss of the goddess' head of hair.
A story from Thor's youth.

Valhalla 11 - The Magic Mead
I let another gold nugget disappear in the jotunn lass' cleavage.
I was told that Suttung very rarely showed up at the bar. I went in through the main door.
All of a sudden, there she was ... just behind me. My eyes locked into hers.
"And you are?"
"Gunnlod, Suttung's daughter." Nice broad. Cold as ice. They always are.

At the beginning of time, before beer was invented, at a time when mead was nothing but water sweetened with honey, Odin, in best (or worst) detective-style, has to solve the mystery of the missing - and intoxicating - magic mead!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
344.98 MB
seeders:9
leechers:1
Valhalla 1-11 (JJ-data9724-DCP) [DCP-D]

All Comments

Props!
Ah, once again I'm filling nostalgic about this great series. I got this one from my uncle when in grade school long time ago.
2013-07-29 03:12
Hehe, more to come, I finished translating 12-15 too, but JJ, the guy who retexted 1-11 is retired now, so waiting for another retexter for #12, and waiting for the proofreader for 13-15 :)
Nice job, top quality share.
Great stuff! Thanks data.