VA - 1999 - Chicago: The Blues Today! (3CD) [mp3@320]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 21, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

VA - 1999 - Chicago: The Blues Today! (3CD) [mp3@320] (Size: 341.55 MB)
 VA - 1999 - Chicago - The Blues Today! (3CD Box) [mp3@320].txt5.55 KB
 Back.jpg3.53 MB
 CD1.jpg3.25 MB
 CD2.jpg3.43 MB
 cd3.jpg3.43 MB
 Digipak Inside 1.jpg3.26 MB
 Digipak Inside 2.jpg3.72 MB
 Digipak Outside.jpg6.94 MB
 Front.jpg4.35 MB
 Various - Chicago The Blues Today - CD 1.log3.95 KB
 01 - Help Me (A Tribute to Sonny Boy Williamson).mp39.58 MB
 02 - It Hurts Me Too (When Things Go Wrong).mp36.51 MB
 03 - Messin' With The Kid.mp35.61 MB
 04 - Vietcong Blues.mp311.56 MB
 05 - all night long.mp38.8 MB
 06 - Going Ahead.mp34.93 MB
 07 - Please Help.mp36.84 MB
 08 - Too Much Alcohol.mp35.93 MB
 09 - Married Woman Blues.mp37.35 MB
 10 - That's The Truth.mp36.61 MB
 Various - Chicago The Blues Today (Vol. 2).log3.79 KB
 01 - Cotton Crop Blues.mp35.53 MB
 02 - The Blues Keep Falling.mp39.42 MB
 03 - Love Me Or Leave.mp38.08 MB
 04 - Rocket 88.mp34.89 MB
 05 - West Helena Blues.mp38.14 MB
 06 - Everything's Going to Turn Out Alright.mp39.1 MB
 07 - It's A Mean Old World.mp35.63 MB
 08 - I Can't Quit You Baby.mp37.65 MB
 09 - Rock.mp38.33 MB
 10 - It's My Own Fault.mp313.79 MB
 Various - Chicago The Blues Today - CD 3.log3.63 KB
 01 - One More Time.mp35.81 MB
 02 - Kid Man Blues.mp37.06 MB
 03 - My Black Mare.mp38.62 MB
 04 - Stealin' Back.mp37.75 MB
 05 - I Got Mine In Time.mp310.09 MB
 06 - Tighten Up On It.mp37.47 MB
 07 - Dynaflow Blues.mp36.14 MB
 08 - Black Spider Blues.mp37.2 MB
 09 - Layin' Down My Shoes And Clothes.mp35.83 MB
 10 - If I Get Lucky.mp37.98 MB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

VA - 1999 - Chicago: The Blues Today!

(3CD) [mp3@320]

Artist: Various Artists
Title: Chicago: The Blues Today! (3CD Box)
Release Date: August 24, 1999
Original Release Date 1966
Label: Vanguard Records
Catalog: 3VCD 172
ASIN: B00000JKF2
Genre: Blues, Chicago Blues, Electric Chicago Blues
Duration: 131:16

When blues historian Samuel Charters released his three-volume collection of Chicago blues in 1966, it had an impact on the rock and roll world similar to that of Harry Smith's Anthology of American Folk Music , exposing a new, predominantly white generation to the sounds of the urban blues Mecca. Each artist came in and recorded 4-6 songs specifically for the project; many of these tunes have become staples in blues and rock repertoires. Includes Messin' with the Kid Junior Wells Chicago Blues Band; I Can't Quit You Baby Otis Rush Blues Band; Dust My Broom Homesick James & the Dusters; Hey, Hey Johnny Shines Blues Band; The Blues Keep Falling Jimmy Cotton Blues Quartet; Sometimes I Wonder Otis Spann's South Side Piano, and more.

Amazon.com Review by William H. Haines:
In early 1966, blues history was made with the issuance of a three-volume set of new recordings produced by blues historian Samuel Charters. This series was known as Chicago/The Blues/Today! and the release sent shock waves through the world of rock and roll. Every artist on the three volumes had recorded before (some, like Otis Rush and Junior Wells, had actually seen small hits on the R&B charts), but these recordings were largely their introduction to a newer -- and predominately white -- album-oriented audience.The "today" part of the title was no bit of hyperbole, either. This series accurately portrayed a vast cross section of the Chicago blues scene as one could hear it on any given night in the mid '60s. Rather than record full albums (which Charters had neither the budget nor legal resources to pull off), each artist simply came in for a union-approved session of four to six songs, with each volume featuring three different groupings. With these recordings, blues suddenly gained respectability as something much more vital and vibrant than just a poor cousin of jazz. A new market for this music began, one that exists today in full blossom.Their effect on musicians was enormous. It's fair to assume that most blues-influenced artists had all three volumes in their respective collections, and the songs on them ended up in the repertoires of everyone from Jimi Hendrix (Junior Wells' "Rock Me") to Led Zeppelin (a note-for-note copy of Otis Rush's "I Can't Quit You Baby") to Steppenwolf (Junior Wells' "Messin' with the Kid") and beyond. These recordings have stayed in print and been reasonably good sellers over the 30 years since their original release, all coming out on compact disc in the mid 1980s. This new packaging puts all three volumes together, but with no bonus tracks, as no extras were recorded for these sessions.So if one already owns these sides, what's the incentive this time around? That's easy: The sound is massively improved, with the bass that was rolled off the vinyl and original CD versions now being restored. This makes the tracks truly come alive, especially on the Otis Rush and Junior Wells sides, both fortified with some major amounts of badass bass thumping by Roger Jones and Jack Myers, respectively. One can really hear the spaciousness of the old RCA studios where this stuff was cut for the first time, and the detailing of the mix is in sharp focus throughout, although the increased bass causes some unwanted distortion on the Homesick James Williamson tracks. The other plus is the new packaging, which features a nice booklet with detailed, updated notes from Charters, a nice appreciation from Ed Ward, and absolutely eye-boggling session photos taken by Charters' wife, Ann, that alone are worth the price of the set. With the glut of blues reissues out there, it is often a coin toss as where to best spend your hard-earned money. Even if you still have the original vinyl or CDs, this is one of the times when it would be best to spend the dough and add this one to your collection, because blues records seldom come as important, innovative, or just plain pleasurable to listen to as this set. File under "essential."

CD1:

The Junior Wells Chicago Blues Band:

01. Help Me (A Tribute To Sonny Boy Williamson)
02. It Hurts Me Too (When Things Go Wrong)
03. Messin' With The Kid
04. Vietcong Blues
05. All Night Long

J.B. Hutto & His Hawks:

06. Going Ahead
07. Please Help
08. Too Much Alcohol
09. Married Woman Blues
10. That's The Truth

Otis Spann's South Side Piano:

11. Marie
12. Burning Fire
13. S.P.Blues
14. Sometimes I Wonder
15. Spann's Stomp

CD 2:

The Jimmy Cotton Blues Quartet:

01. Cotton Crop Blues
02. The Blues Keep Falling
03. Love Me Or Leave
04. Rocket 88
05. West Helena Blues

The Otis Rush Blues Band:

06. Everything's Going To Turn Out Alright
07. It's A Men Old World
08. I Can't Quit You Baby
09. Rock
10. It's My Own Fault

Homesick James & His Dusters:

11. Dust My Rroom
12. Somebody Been Talkin
13. Set A Date
14. So Mean To Me

CD3:

Johnny Young's South Side Blues Band:

01. One More Time
02. Kid Man Blues
03. My Black Mare
04. Stealin' Back
05. I Got Mine In Time
06. Tighten Up On It

The Johnny Shines Blues Band:

07. Dynaflow Blues
08. Black Spider Blues
09. Lavin' Down My Shoes & Clothes
10. If I Get Lucky

Big Walter Horton's Blues Harp Band With Memphis Charlie:

11. Rockin' My Boogie

The Johnny Shines Blues Band:

12. Mr. Boweevil
13. Hey, Hey

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
341.55 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
VA - 1999 - Chicago: The Blues Today! (3CD) [mp3@320]