Uriah Heep-Sunrise-LIVE 1973 Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on June 13, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Uriah Heep-Sunrise-LIVE 1973 Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs (Size: 81.92 MB)
 Uriah Heep - Sunrise - Live 1973- Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp472.38 MB
 Sunrise-320kbs.mp39.47 MB
 Uriah-Heep-Band Pic.jpg66.13 KB
 Uriah Heep.txt5.62 KB

Description

imageimageimageimageimageimage

"SUNRISE"

Uriah Heep Live 1973
The finished Audio lists at 552kbs.

"Sunrise, and the new day's breakin' through
The morning of another day without you
And as the hours roll by
No-one's there to see me cry
Except the sunrise...
The sunrise and you"

URIAH HEEP are an English rock band formed in London in 1969 and are regarded as one of the seminal hard rock acts of the early 1970s. Uriah Heep's progressive/art rock/heavy metal fusion's distinctive features have always included a massive keyboard sound, strong vocal harmonies and (in the early years) David Byron's quasi-operatic vocals. Twelve of the band's albums have made it to the UK Albums Chart (Return to Fantasy reached No. 7 in 1975) while of the fifteen Billboard 200 Uriah Heep albums Demons and Wizards was the most successful (#23, 1972). In the late 1970s the band had massive success in Germany, where the "Lady in Black" single was a big hit. Along with Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep had become one of the top bands in the early 1970s - one of "The Big 4" of hard rock. The band's origins go back to 1967 when 19-year-old guitarist Mick Box formed a Brentwood band called The Stalkers, which began playing in local clubs and pubs. When the band's singer left, drummer Roger Penlington suggested his cousin David Garrick (who knew the band) as a replacement. Box and Garrick instantly formed a songwriting partnership and, having higher musical aspirations than their colleagues, decided to give up their day jobs and go professional. They set up a new band called Spice; it was then that David Garrick changed his second name to Byron. Drummer Alex Napier (born 1947 in Glasgow, Strathclyde, Scotland) joined, having answered a music paper ad and bassist Paul Newton of The Gods completed the line-up. From the very beginning Spice avoided playing covers and, according to Box, always strove "...to do something original." The four-piece found themselves booked into the Lansdowne Studios in London, still under the name of Spice. The band changed their name from Spice to that of the well-known character from David Copperfield, Uriah Heep (for, according to biographer Kirk Blows, "Dickens' name being everywhere around Christmas '69 due to it being the hundredth anniversary of his death"). Uriah Heep decided to widen the sound. "We'd actually recorded half the first album when we decided that keyboards would be good for our sound. I was a big Vanilla Fudge fan, with their Hammond organ and searing guitar on top, and we had David's high vibrato vocals anyway so that's how we decided to shape it," Box recalled. Ken Hensley, a former colleague of Newton in The Gods, who was currently playing guitar in Toe Fat, was lined up. "I saw a lot of potential in the group to do something very different," remembered Hensley.
"SUNRISE" originally released on their fifth studio album "The Magician's Birthday" in 1972. The song was written by Ken Hensley and sung by David Byron. The song quickly has become Uriah Heep classic and it was also famous for its live performances in late 1972 and 1973 and was included on the band's first ever live album "Uriah Heep Live" as the opening track in 1973. The song was recorded and mixed at Lansdowne Studios in London in September 1972 and released on the album the same year in November.

Lyrics

"SUNRISE"

Aaah, aaah
Aaah, aaah oooh

Sunrise, and the new day's breakin' through
The morning of another day without you
And as the hours roll by
No-one's there to see me cry
Except the sunrise...
The sunrise and you.

Aaah, aaah
Aaah, aaah oooh