Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania (2010) [5 Formats] {VTS}

seeders: 25
leechers: 7
Added on July 17, 2014 by VikTSlickin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania (2010) [5 Formats] {VTS} (Size: 2.57 MB)
 Cover.jpg33.95 KB
 metadata.opf1.92 KB
 Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania by Haha Leah Molnar (2010) {VTS}.azw3435.93 KB
 Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania by Haha Leah Molnar (2010) {VTS}.epub294.7 KB
 Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania by Haha Leah Molnar (2010) {VTS}.lit261.35 KB
 Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania by Haha Leah Molnar (2010) {VTS}.mobi385.19 KB
 Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania by Haha Leah Molnar (2010) {VTS}.pdf1.19 MB

Description

Title: Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania
Author: Haya Leah Molnar
Category: Non-Fiction/Children's Books
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux (BYR); First Edition edition (March 30, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0374318409
ISBN-13: 978-0374318406

For my best friend Anette1449617 in appreciation of her efforts and dedication to this community and uploading in general. She recently reached 1000 uploads and I couldn't be more proud of her for that remarkable achievement. Love and support from me to you, my dear, always. :)

Promotional info/Publisher's summary - "Eva Zimmermann is eight years old, and she has just discovered she is Jewish. Such is the life of an only child living in postwar Bucharest, a city that is changing in ever more frightening ways. Eva’s family, full of eccentric and opinionated adults, will do absolutely anything to keep her safe—even if it means hiding her identity from her. With razor-sharp depictions of her animated relatives, Haya Leah Molnar’s memoir of her childhood captures with touching precocity the very adult realities of living behind the iron curtain.

Under a Red Sky is a 2011 Bank Street - Best Children's Book of the Year."

Review:
"Molnar began life as Eva Zimmerman, an adored only child living in the apartment shared by her parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles in Bucharest, Romania. The author’s loving but eccentric family sheltered her as much as possible from the harsh realities of life under communist rule, when food and housing were scarce and the Securitate, Romania’s secret police, watched and listened everywhere. Her father, a cinematographer, believed in science, not God, and neither religion nor World War II were spoken of at home, so it came as a huge shock to Molnar when she learned in 1958 that her entire family had applied to emigrate to Israel and that she is Jewish. All I know is that yesterday I wasn’t Jewish and today I am, says Molnar in describing her struggle to understand her new identity. As Eva pieces together her family’s history, a vivid story emerges, ranging from funny, tender moments of family life to the horrific revelations of the Romanian holocaust, about which little has been written. Black-and-white family photos illustrate this poignant, memorable offering." -Lynn Rutan, Booklist

This torrent contains the original retail EPUB as well as conversions into MOBI, AZW3, LIT, and large print PDF formats done in Calibre. The front cover image and generated metadata.opf file are also included. Please seed, and enjoy.

Click on the image for my uploads:

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.57 MB
seeders:25
leechers:7
Under a Red Sky - Memoir of a Childhood in Communist Romania (2010) [5 Formats] {VTS}

All Comments

Thank you Vik, for the book and the wonderful dedication. I love it all.
12:08 East of Bucharest (2006)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0809407/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
A wonderful movie about Revolution in Romania - hilarious comedy.
If you cant find it ask me for uploading...
Thanks and best wishes for Romania..
Best wishes for Serbia.