Tubes, The - Remote Control [FLAC+MP3](Big Papi) Rock 1979 A&M Release

seeders: 34
leechers: 20
Added on January 6, 2015 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Tubes, The - Remote Control [FLAC+MP3](Big Papi) Rock 1979 A&M Release (Size: 352.52 MB)
 01 Turn Me On.flac26.95 MB
 02 TV Is King.flac20.39 MB
 03 Prime Time.flac20.51 MB
 04 I Want It All Now.flac27.7 MB
 05 No Way Out.flac22.49 MB
 06 Getoverture.flac22.9 MB
 07 No Mercy.flac22.24 MB
 08 Only the Strong Survive.flac26.69 MB
 09 Be Mine Tonight.flac23.08 MB
 10 Love's A Mystery (I Don't Understand).flac20.67 MB
 11 Telecide.flac37.26 MB
 Big Papi.nfo4 KB
 folder.jpg118.64 KB
 01 Turn Me On.mp38.32 MB
 02 TV Is King.mp36.29 MB
 03 Prime Time.mp36.28 MB
 04 I Want It All Now.mp38.65 MB
 05 No Way Out.mp36.7 MB
 06 Getoverture.mp36.72 MB
 07 No Mercy.mp36.52 MB
 08 Only the Strong Survive.mp37.69 MB
 09 Be Mine Tonight.mp36.74 MB
 10 Love's A Mystery (I Don't Understand).mp36.5 MB

Description

Source: Original CD + Fresh Cover Art Scan

The review below is for the 2013 re-master, which is appropriate since it discusses contrast with previously releases, specifically this A&M release that no one has. Well, "you has it" in error free FLAC archive format.

Wayne really does an excellent job pointing out what needs to be pointed out. Amazing.

- Big Papi

By Wayne Klein VINE VOICE on June 8, 2013

For "Remote Control" The Tubes finally worked with a producer that they had respect for--Todd Rundgren. Rundgren turned out to be a perfect collaborator for the band and came on board after he appeared with the band on stage for a couple of numbers. Rundgren did a great job of capturing the band's quirky humor, songwriting and sound on what is (in my opinion)their best and best realized concept album. It was inspired by Jerzy Kosinski's novel Being There which Fee had recently read.

"Remote Control" became a concept album on mass media with Fee Waybill's acerbic, witty lyrics inspired by the book Being There. Everyone gets a chance to shine on the album including Bill Spooner who wrote the powerful "Only the Strong Survive" which was written before the album.

This reissue is the best sounding version of this album on CD I've heard. The album has always sounded a bit bright in previous incarnations but mastering engineer Vic Anesini does a great job of taming the sound a bit and improving the murky sonics that were evident on previous versions (I compared this version to both the American Beat reissue as well as the version included on Goin' Down the Tubes and this version beats both hands down). There's improved clarity and the murkiness that was a hallmark of previous versions is cleared up here.

The expanded version also includes four tracks from the legendary "Suffer for Sound" album. A&M refused to give the band a full budget to record an album but they went ahead and did so anyway. A&M HATED the album and refused to release it so "Suffer" (also known as the Black Album)sat on their shelf untouched until this release (although the first track from "Suffer" did end up on the rarities album Tubes Rarities & Smash Hits).

The "Suffer for Sound" tracks included are: "Dreams Come True", "Dangerous", "Don't Ask Me" and "Holy War".
I do wish that we had gotten the entire album rather than these four tracks as bonus tracks, but it's a minor quibble. If this reissue sells well enough perhaps the label can be convinced to finally issue the album in full with outtakes.

As with previous Iconoclassics releases, this one has excellent liner notes with each band member able to give brief recollections over various events surrounding the recording of the album. The duet "Prime Time", for example, came about as Michael Cotten recalls because Fee had issues with their female singer Re Styles being able to hit notes on stage and the fact that the big single from the album was going to feature only her. Fee, of course, remembers it differently as the label suggesting he appear on it because fans wouldn't recognize that it was a Tubes song without his prominent voice. I am a bit surprised that the song "Love's a Mystery" the band's most mainstream song (co-written with Rundgren) at the time wasn't selected as the first single as it would have probably had more success on mainstream radio.

As with all of their reissues, Iconoclassic includes an extensive booklet that covers the origin of each song, who was the primary writer of it and the circumstances around the recording (and rejection) of "Suffer for Sound" as well.

"Remote Control" remains a classic that also provided a bridge between the early Tubes that recorded "White Punks on Dope" and the later, more commercial Tubes that recorded "Talk To Ya Later". It's an essential album.

This version is Highly recommended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tubes, The - Remote Control (A&M 3242)

Artist...............: Tubes, The
Album................: Remote Control (A&M 3242)
Genre................: Rock
Source...............: CD
Year.................: 1979
Ripper...............: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version..............: reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
Quality..............: Lossless, (avg. compression: 64 %)
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit

Tracklisting

1. Tubes, The - Turn Me On [04:12]
2. Tubes, The - TV Is King [03:08]
3. Tubes, The - Prime Time [03:18]
4. Tubes, The - I Want It All Now [04:27]
5. Tubes, The - No Way Out [03:23]
6. Tubes, The - Getoverture [03:22]
7. Tubes, The - No Mercy [03:27]
8. Tubes, The - Only the Strong Survive [03:55]
9. Tubes, The - Be Mine Tonight [03:31]
10. Tubes, The - Love's a Mystery (I Don't Understand) [03:28]
11. Tubes, The - Telecide [05:41]

Playing Time.........: 41:56
Total Size...........: 270.89 MB

NFO generated on.....: 1/2/2015 3:24:25 PM

Ripped using dBpoweramp. The AccurateRip data is
embedded in each track.

All Big Papi rips are directly from CD or vinyl unless stated otherwise.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
352.52 MB
seeders:34
leechers:20
Tubes, The - Remote Control [FLAC+MP3](Big Papi) Rock 1979 A&M Release

All Comments

I still got their first album and love it(I bought it in 1975). This is an awesome album and love it too. Many thanks to the upper and thanks for the happy memoirs.
Thanks uploader, it's great to see this again, in such a good edition.
Many thanks, a classic album!!