TT - Closer to the Edge - 1080p - MP4 - x265/HEVC - [[OptimusPr1me]]

seeders: 4
leechers: 1
Added on October 28, 2015 by OptimusPr1mein Movies > Documentary
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: 1080p720pHDRiPDVDRip

TT - Closer to the Edge - 1080p - MP4 - x265/HEVC - [[OptimusPr1me]] (Size: 1.21 GB)
 TT - Closer to the Edge - 1080p - MP4 - x265-HEVC - [[OptimusPr1me]].mp41.21 GB

Description

BE ADVISED, NOT THE 3D VERSION BUT IMDB HAS NO OTHER ENTRY AVAILABLE OTHER THAN 3D

As has been proven many times in the past when a sports subject has been given the 'big-budget motion picture' treatment, the end result can, to varying extents, be patronising, over sensationalised, corny, dull, lacking in storyline or a combination of these flaws (as with Silver Dream Racer for example!). However, I am delighted to report that TT Closer To the Edge avoids all these pitfalls and in my view sets a new standard in motorsport film production. and best of all, it's a documentary that should appeal as much to a general audience as to the enthusiast.

It's got human interest galore with the UK's top bike sport personality, Guy Martin, in centre stage giving his unique perspective on racing, risk and life in general - plus some 'amusing insights' into how he passes his time away from the track.

The producers then use a supporting cast of John McGuinness, Ian Hutchinson and Conor Cummins plus a wide cross-section of other people involved with the TT to explain the enduring appeal of the world's oldest and most challenging motorcycle event as they prepare for and then race at the 2010 TT. No punches are pulled as we see several dramatic examples of how the TT Mountain Circuit can exact a heavy toll for any error or misjudgement. One of the most moving scenes is with Bridget Dobbs whose husband died at the 2010 TT. Her fortitude in explaining her late husband's willingness to take on life-threatening risks is compelling and uplifting viewing. From the rest of the cast there is also humour, camaraderie amongst rivals and a detailed insight into how the TT is attracting an increasing number of participants and spectators despite being - or maybe because it is - a complete anachronism in the modern world of 'elf 'n safety'.

The cinematography, script, narration and sound track are all spot-on with the 3D effects adding more to the experience for me during the paddock and slower shots than in race action. Oh yes, the racing. Probably only 40% of the film is on-track action, and it all works brilliantly as the week builds up to an epic climax in the 2010 Senior Race. There's plenty of great action shots but it's the editing that turns the time-trial nature of the TT races into edge-of-seat battles.
Closer to The Edge could do for the TT and 'real road' racing what On Any Sunday did for off-road motorcycling in the 1970's and 80's.

Even though this is not on the Duke label - and I really wanted it to be! - I can say that it's the best film about a motorsport subject I have ever seen, and you don't have to be TT nut to enjoy it.

All My New Uploads Are Encoded In The New Codec, Click The Logo To Find Out How To Play It

The above graphic and file information graphic with many thanks to Panther10.97K

Also, outside the realm of motorsport check out this thread of mine:

Thread: OptimusPr1me's Transformers, Anime & Forgotten Movies/Series Thread

Special Credit to actualsize31 for supplying the source.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.21 GB
seeders:4
leechers:1
TT - Closer to the Edge - 1080p - MP4 - x265/HEVC - [[OptimusPr1me]]

Trailer

Screenshots

TT - Closer to the Edge - 1080p - MP4 - x265/HEVC - [[OptimusPr1me]] screenshot
TT - Closer to the Edge - 1080p - MP4 - x265/HEVC - [[OptimusPr1me]] screenshot