To See If I'm Smiling (2007).WS.PDTV.XviD.Ekolb

seeders: 2
leechers: 2
Added on January 15, 2010 by Ekolbin TV
Torrent verified.

To See If I'm Smiling (2007).WS.PDTV.XviD.Ekolb (Size: 465.15 MB)
 To See If I'm Smiling (2007).WS.PDTV.XviD.Ekolb.avi465.15 MB
 show notes.nfo1.7 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes

Description

To See If I'm Smiling (2007)

To See If I'm Smiling (Lir’ot Im Ani Mehayechet)

A film by Tamar Yarom

Israel, 2007

Israel is the only country in the world where 18-year-old girls are drafted for compulsory military service. In this award-winning documentary, the frank testimonials of six female Israeli soldiers stationed in Gaza and the West Bank pack a powerful emotional punch. The young women revisit their tours of duty in the occupied territories with surprising honesty and strip bare stereotypes of gender differences in the military. The former soldiers share shocking moments of negligence, flippancy, immaturity and power-tripping as they describe atrocities they witnessed and participated in.

The psychological transformation that these young women underwent as a result of military service is both upsetting and riveting. The culture of war transforms people: personalities change, moral codes are subverted, values are supplanted and masks are constructed to dull the pain of what they did and didn't do in uniform. At a time when women in the military are increasingly on the frontlines, and the actions of soldiers all over the world are being questioned, this powerful film explores the ways that gender, ethics and moral responsibility intersect during war.

Format : AVI

Length : 465 MiB for 59mn 49s 756ms

Codec : XviD

Source : PDTV

Language : Hebrew

Subtitles : English Hardcoded

Genre : Documentary/Social Events

Video #0 : MPEG-4 Visual at 953 Kbps

Aspect : 576 x 368 (1.565) at 29.970 fps

Audio #0 : MPEG Audio at 120 Kbps

Infos : 2 channels, 48.0 KHz

Enjoy!