TimeScapes 2012 4K Hard Drive DTS Cineform 12bit

seeders: 10
leechers: 72
Added on January 11, 2014 by diguoemoin Movies > Highres Movies
Torrent verified.

TimeScapes 2012 4K Hard Drive DTS Cineform 12bit (Size: 309.65 GB)
 vlc-2.0.1.dmg40.36 MB
 vlc-2.0.1-win32.exe21.23 MB
 GoProCineFormStudioPC-1.2.0.127.exe35.13 MB
 Untitled.rtf500 bytes
 CFHDCompressor.1.46 MB
 CFHDCompresssor-InfoPlist.strings512 bytes
 CFHDCompressor.rsrc1.07 KB
 info.plist1.11 KB
 CFHDDecompressor.1.23 MB
 CFHDDecompresssor-InfoPlist.strings516 bytes
 CFHDDecompressor.rsrc735 bytes
 info.plist1.11 KB
 Instructions.rtf587 bytes
 TimeScapes 4k CineForm.avi307.22 GB
 TIMESCAPES_6TRK.wav2.33 GB
 TimeScapes 4k CineForm.nfo431 bytes

Description

Warning - 4K content - not for the faint of heart

This is the ultimate videophile version. TimeScapes 4k cineform is only suitable for displays with a 4K resolution.
The file is a single 330GB Gigabyte Movie in the Cineform codec, at 4096 x 2304 pixels. It is visually a near-lossless format.
We will send you a file on a hard drive to copy to your computer, so we cannot offer refunds or returns. This edition is not available as a download - it's too big.
Please ensure your system can play back a file like this. We'll help you install the codecs to get it going. You will likely need a very fast hard drive or a RAID system and a multi core processor.
If you're looking for a version for your 30 inch computer display, press back and select the 1440p option.

For Tom, timelapse started out as a hobby. Braving the conditions, he would camp out in places such as Yosemite, or Joshua Tree National Park, shooting the night sky, then editing the footage and uploading short films to Vimeo.com. People started to take notice, with some of his Vimeo videos racking up hundreds of thousands of views. Simultaneously, Lowe launched the Timescapes.org forum, the largest community of timelapse shooters on the internet, which has grown to over 5,000 members.

This led to a chance encounter on the internet with New Zealand composer and entrepreneur Nigel “John” Stanford. After a brief email conversation, “TimeScapes” the movie was born, with Stanford agreeing to fund the movie and provide Tom with a 4K Red MX digital cinema camera, while Canon USA sponsored the film by providing Lowe with 5.6K 5D Mark II DSLRs and lenses.

Production involved many hardships. Tom slept outdoors for 250 nights, sleeping on cots (without tents) under the stars next to his camera, while timelapse was being captured. During the middle of principle photography on “TimeScapes”, Lowe won the Astronomy Photographer of the year award in 2011, with the above image, 'Blazing Bristlecone' - featuring a 4,000-year-old bristlecone pine tree against the Milky Way. Unbeknownst to the judges, the photo was actually just one frame of a time-lapse movie, which is featured in “TimeScapes”, the movie.

During production, two trailers were released, which went on to gather over 3 million views.

TimeScapes was shot in 5K resolution on Red Epic and Canon DLSR cameras, edited in 4K in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and graded at 16-bit 4K at Light Iron Hollywood on a Quantel Pablo system, by colorist Ian Vertovec (“Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”,“Social Network”).

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
309.65 GB
seeders:10
leechers:72
TimeScapes 2012 4K Hard Drive DTS Cineform 12bit

All Comments

It's been a journey. Took me 1 week to download, but I'm now a dedicated seeder. Spread the love people. Give back at least double. This isn't something you should just take and run. :)
First off, mad kudos to the uploader. Seriously, diguoemo. I didn't think anyone would have the balls to upload the friggin' massive 4K movie on here, or anywhere else for that matter.

"... it's too big"

That's what she said.

I'm going to make space for this and download it, even though I won't be able to enjoy it myself just yet (need 4K hardware) to make sure this gets seeded as much as possible.

I'll make it a mission to seed at least 10 for this one.
I think a GTX680 can handle 4K playback just fine. It's most likely the computer's storage hardware.

To be able to play this from a computer, you need to find a way to let it read the video file fast enough. Remember, it's reading 300 Gigs in only 48 Minutes of runtime (6GB per minute). You can't pull that off with a normal hard drive.

You'll have to either look for a RAID solution to increase thoroughput, or get a fast flash storage solution that can hold all 300GB.
speechless
This should work on the Sony 4k ultra...no?
If you use a computer with two SSDs in RAID0 to play it, yes. But actually, this is Cinema 4K, which is 4096 x 2304. 4K UHD (consumer standard on new TVs) is only 3840 x 2160. So you'd have to downscale it. And yes, since the bitrate is so high, you'd probably need multiple hard drives/fast SSDs in RAID to play it at a high enough speed.
IM speechless right now.. thanks for the upload !!!!
Worked perfectly. Will seed. Vlc didn't take but Windows Media Player did. I'm only on a 60" 1080p plasm but will be tucking this away for when I get a 4k. Was still blown away at this. Thanks OP for this unbelievable upload. Will seed for as long as possible.