[Thomas W. Hungerford ]Abstract Algebra An Introduction, 3rd Edition(pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 46
leechers: 17
Added on October 13, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Thomas W. Hungerford ]Abstract Algebra An Introduction, 3rd Edition(pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 63.54 MB)
 [Thomas W. Hungerford ]Abstract Algebra An Introduction, 3rd Edition(pdf){Zzzzz}.pdf63.54 MB

Description

ABSTRACT ALGEBRA: AN INTRODUCTION is intended for a first undergraduate course in modern abstract algebra. Its flexible design makes it suitable for courses of various lengths and different levels of mathematical sophistication, ranging from a traditional abstract algebra course to one with a more applied flavor. The book is organized around two themes: arithmetic and congruence. Each theme is developed first for the integers, then for polynomials, and finally for rings and groups, so students can see where many abstract concepts come from, why they are important, and how they relate to one another. New Features:
A groups-first option that enables those who want to cover groups before rings to do so easily.
Proofs for beginners in the early chapters, which are broken into steps, each of which is explained and proved in detail.
In the core course (chapters 1-8), there are 35% more examples and 13% more exercises.

Publisher: Cengage Learning; 3 edition (July 27, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1111569622
ISBN-13: 978-1111569624

Editorial Reviews

About the Author
Thomas W. Hungerford received his M.S. and Ph.D. from the University of Chicago. He has taught at the University of Washington and at Cleveland State University, and is now at St. Louis University. His research fields are algebra and mathematics education. He is the author of many notable books for undergraduate and graduate level courses. These include: ALGEBRA (Springer Verlag, Graduate Texts in Mathematics #73, 1974); ABSTRACT ALGEBRA: AN INTRODUCTION, Second Edition (Harcourt, 1997); MATHEMATICS WITH APPLICATIONS, Tenth Edition (Pearson, 2011; with M. Lial and J. Holcomb); and CONTEMPORARY PRECALCULUS: A GRAPHING APPROACH, Fifth Edition (Brooks/Cole, 2009; with D. Shaw).

Customer Reviews

Excellent Introduction to the Subject
By T-Lex on September 5, 2013

I used this book for an undergraduate course on Abstract Algebra. The approach taken by the author is very straightforward, both in its presentation of proofs and its examples. Unlike some books, it is very possible to teach yourself the subject using this book. It also provides a large number of exercises ranging in difficulty for each section and ample answers in the back. Out of all the books I used in undergrad, this one was one of my favorites because it was easy to use for reference and for independent learning.

Good but room for improvement.
By David Egesdal on August 19, 2013

I found this book to have several examples in the sections that aided in the solutions to the assignment questions. The treasure of this book is the increasing rigor of the questions. A teacher is able to assign harder questions to those who excel and are up for the challenge or easier questions for the average student (not that any of them are too easy given the subject). Great foundation establishing book to start building in the domain of Abstract Algebra.
Five Stars
By Krista Kohring on September 26, 2014

Awesome! I got my book on time and it was the correct book!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
63.54 MB
seeders:46
leechers:17
[Thomas W. Hungerford ]Abstract Algebra An Introduction, 3rd Edition(pdf){Zzzzz}