The Turtles - Surrounded By Turtles - 5.1 DTS DVD Upmix by Sansdancer (SBU)

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on December 27, 2013 by sansdancerin Music
Torrent verified.

The Turtles - Surrounded By Turtles - 5.1 DTS DVD Upmix by Sansdancer (SBU) (Size: 2.71 GB)
 dvd.iso2.71 GB
 Surrounded By Turtles DTS DVDTrack List.rtf1.79 KB

Description

The Turtles – Surrounded By Turtles
5.1 DTS DVD Upmix by Sansdancer

This is my compilation of songs by The Turtles, upmixed to 5.1 DTS surround sound using the Spec method and tools available on Surroundbyus.com. I also utilized several other audio editing programs. This upmix can only be played on PCs and home theater/audio systems capable of decoding and playing DTS files. You can burn it to a DVD using the ISO file. I recommend ImgBurn for best results.

The Turtles were one of the consistence hit single bands of the 1960s. They are obviously best known for “Happy Together”, but they were able to pull off some big hits even when they were not trying. For example, Their record company, White Whale, put such heavy pressure on them to come up with another “Happy Together” hit that they purposely wrote what they thought would be a song so blatantly dippy that it would flop and they could go on experimenting with other styles. The resulting intended flop was “Elenore”. “Gee, I think you're swell.” Instead, it too became a major hit for them as the public assumed it was suppose to seem dippy. That was part of the song's charm. A key theme that runs through most of The Turtles music is that they don't take themselves too seriously. That is not to say they are a joke band, but they were always more about having a good time than machismo strutting.

Check out their history here:
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-turtles-mn0000564239

and here:
http://www.theturtles.com/documents/history.html

The tracks for the upmix were taken from various CD compilations and full album releases. No one compilation (to my ears) had the best sound on every track, so these come from Rhino, Laser Light, Repertoire and other label collections. I chose what I felt was the best sounding version for each track. There are a few rarities mixed in too. The songs are generally grouped in chronological order, so you can get a sense of how their music developed and grew through their career.

Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan (Flo & Eddie) are still touring as The Turtles today. Their live shows are a lot of fun. Go see them if you get the chance.

Also, find the movie "My Dinner With Jimi". It is the true story of the night the Turtles met Jimi Hendrix. Great stuff.

There are slides for each track so turn on your TV/Monitor when you play this program.

Here's the track list:

1. WANDERING KIND
2. GLITTER AND GOLD
3. IT AIN'T ME BABE
4. YOUR MAW SAID YOU CRIED IN
YOUR SLEEP LAST NIGHT
5. IT WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR
6. EVE OF DESTRUCTION
7. LET ME BE
8. SO GOES LOVE
9. GRIM REAPER OF LOVE
10. YOU BABY
11. OUTSIDE CHANCE
12. JUST A ROOM
13. MAKIN' MY MIND UP
14. CAN I GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER
15. HAPPY TOGETHER
16. I CAN'T STOP
17. THINK I'LL RUN AWAY
18. SHE'D RATHER BE WITH ME
19. ME ABOUT YOU
20. WRONG FROM THE START
21. GUIDE FOR THE MARRIED MAN
22. TOO YOUNG TO BE ONE
23. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
24. CHICKEN LITTLE WAS RIGHT (SINGLE)
25. SHE'S MY GIRL
26. I GET OUT OF BREATH
27. SHE'LL COME BACK
28. THE STORY OF ROCK & ROLL
29. GOODBYE SURPRISE
30. SOUND ASLEEP
31. ELENORE
32. BATTLE OF THE BANDS
33. SURFER DAN
34. BUZZSAW
35. FOOD
36. I'M CHIEF KAMANAWANLEA
(WE'RE THE ROYAL MACADAMIAN NUTS)
37. YOU SHOWED ME
38. THERE YOU SIT LONELY
39. CAT IN THE WINDOW
40. HOUSE ON THE HILL
41. HOT LITTLE HANDS
42. YOU DON'T HAVE TO
WALK IN THE RAIN
43. CAN I GO ON
44. LOVE IN THE CITY
45. LADY-O
46. SOMEWHERE FRIDAY NIGHT
47. THE OWL
48. TO SEE THE SUN
49. WE AIN'T GONNA PARTY NO MORE
50. WE'LL MEET AGAIN
51. MAKIN' MY MIND UP (2)

Enjoy!

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
2.71 GB
seeders:2
leechers:0
The Turtles - Surrounded By Turtles - 5.1 DTS DVD Upmix by Sansdancer (SBU)

All Comments

Great classic tunes made even better in surround. Thanks!
If anyone needs a re-seed of this torrent, PM me.