The Sonics - This Is the Sonics (2015) [FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 3
Added on April 3, 2015 by maxbluesin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

The Sonics - This Is the Sonics (2015) [FLAC] (Size: 209.09 MB)
 01 - I Don't Need No Doctor.flac17.45 MB
 02 - Be A Woman.flac14.26 MB
 03 - Bad Betty.flac13.8 MB
 04 - You Can't Judge a Book By the Cover.flac18.11 MB
 05 - The Hard Way.flac14.22 MB
 06 - Sugaree.flac16.51 MB
 07 - leaving here.flac18.28 MB
 08 - Look At Little Sister.flac22.18 MB
 09 - I Got Your Number.flac17.95 MB
 10 - Livin' In Chaos.flac19.3 MB
 11 - Save The Planet.flac18.25 MB
 12 - Spend The Night.flac17.1 MB
 Cover.jpg53.26 KB
 info.txt6.19 KB
 torrent downloaded from torrentgarden.net.nfo385 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ph.txt46 bytes
 01 - I Don't Need No Doctor.png161.69 KB
 08 - Look At Little Sister.png160.99 KB
 1.jpg877.48 KB
 12 - Spend The Night.png156.91 KB
 Front.jpg298.46 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.log1.62 KB

Description

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! - max

The Sonics - This Is The Sonics
Label: Revox
Format: CD, Album
Released: March 31, 2015
Genre: Rock
Style: Garage Rock, Blues Rock

Tracklist:

01. I Don't Need No Doctor (2:39)
02. Be a Woman (2:20)
03. Bad Betty (2:06)
04. You Can't Judge a Book By the Cover (2:54)
05. The Hard Way (2:11)
06. Sugaree (2:33)
07. Leaving Here (2:53)
08. Look At Little Sister (3:31)
09. I Got Your Number (2:40)
10. Livin' In Chaos (3:02)
11. Save the Planet (3:01)
12. Spend the Night (2:37)

Personnel:

Gerry Roslie — organ, piano, lead vocals
Freddie Dennis — bass guitar, vocals
Larry Parypa — lead guitar, vocals
Rob Lind — saxophone, harp, vocals
Dusty Watson — drums

Review by Mark Deming, allmusic.com

Being the toughest band on Earth in 1965 was clearly something to be proud of, but what does that mean 50 years later? Just because you could reliably kick a field goal or run a four-minute mile when you were 18 doesn't mean you'll be expected to do the same at your high-school reunion five decades on. But musicians are often judged by the standards they set in their youth, and in the 21st century, the Sonics, the frantic and ferocious garage rock band from Tacoma, Washington, whose records were among the most explosive to emerge in the '60s, have decided to make a new album and show the world how they're holding up. And the good news is, they're holding up remarkably well -- This Is the Sonics is a joyously raw blast of full-bore garage rock stomp that comes perilously close to matching the furious energy of their iconic Etiquette Records sides from the '60s, and if these guys no longer sound like teenagers whacked out on coffee and beer, they're clearly running on high-test rock & roll passion, and their formula still works like a charm. The Sonics were lucky to have a talented and sympathetic hand in the studio, Detroiter Jim Diamond, who has been recording full-on garage-influenced stuff for the better part of two decades, and his monophonic recording and mix document the band's sound with an ideal balance of clarity and vintage analog growl. But that wouldn't mean a thing if the Sonics couldn't deliver, and amazingly, This Is the Sonics lives up to its name in every sense. Gerry Roslie's vocals still sound like a blast furnace that's been taught to impersonate Little Richard (and his keyboard work is more than up to snuff), guitarist Larry Parypa wails hard whether he's chopping out a rhythm or tearing up a solo, and Rob Lind's sax pours out a glorious honk that cuts through the surrounding fracas like a knife. The band's new rhythm section, bassist Freddie Dennis and drummer Dusty Watson, are a perfect fit for the Sonics, muscular and fiery without getting too flashy, and if "Save the Planet" ("It's the only one with beer") isn't exactly a classic, most of the other new tunes are just what you love and demand from the Sonics (especially the brazen "Bad Betty" and "The Hard Way"), and "I Don't Need No Doctor," "Leaving Here," and "You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover" show they know what to do with an R&B classic. This Is the Sonics is an outstanding return to duty for one of the great primal rock & roll bands of the '60s, and if they don't sound like kids, the flame that fueled their best discs is still burning bright, and they're louder, crazier, and wilder than most bands a third their age. Outstanding work, though the Sonics are urged not to wait another few decades before they try this again.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
209.09 MB
seeders:0
leechers:3
The Sonics - This Is the Sonics (2015) [FLAC]

All Comments

New for me!
The Sonics rip it up!
Good lookin' out max!