The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (1985) [EAC-FLAC]

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on June 25, 2015 by torrentintoin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (1985) [EAC-FLAC] (Size: 327.8 MB)
 01 - The Headmaster Ritual.flac34.41 MB
 02 - Rusholme Ruffians.flac32.23 MB
 03 - I Want The One I Can't Have.flac23.22 MB
 04 - What She Said.flac18.32 MB
 05 - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.flac33.26 MB
 06 - How Soon Is Now.flac45.49 MB
 07 - Nowhere Fast.flac18.32 MB
 08 - Well I Wonder.flac26.64 MB
 09 - Barbarism Begins At Home.flac47.71 MB
 10 - Meat Is Murder.flac38.4 MB
 Meat is Murder.cue1.67 KB
 Meat is Murder.jpg184.15 KB
 The Smiths - Meat Is Murder.log5.41 KB
 The Smiths - Meat Is Murder.m3u306 bytes
 back_001.jpg745.23 KB
 cd_001.jpg499.3 KB
 Front_001.jpg3.33 MB
 INS_001.jpg435.26 KB
 obi_001.jpg506.56 KB
 Sleeve_001.jpg2.16 MB
 Sleeve_002.jpg1.99 MB

Description

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (1985) {2006 Japan Mini LP Edition, WPCR-12440}
EAC rip (secure mode) | FLAC+CUE+LOG -> 327 Mb
Full Artwork @ 300 dpi (jpg)

Cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue release from The Smiths. The Smiths were the definitive British indie rock band of the '80s, marking the end of synth-driven new wave and the beginning of the guitar rock that dominated English rock into the '90s. Sonically, the group was indebted to the British Invasion, crafting ringing, melodic three-minute pop singles, even for their album tracks. But their scope was far broader than that of a revivalist band. The group's core members, vocalist Morrissey and guitarist Johnny Marr, were obsessive rock fans inspired by the D.I.Y. ethics of punk, but they also had a fondness for girl groups, pop, and rockabilly.

THE SMITHS Meat Is Murder (2006 Japanese exclusive limited edition 10-track CD album, the band's 2nd studio longplayer, originally released in 1985, and was their only original release to reach #1 on the UK charts, includes the single 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' plus the classic 'How Soon Is Now?' has also been added to the line up [as apposed to the UK original which contains just the 9 tracks], presented in mini LP-style card sleeve with mini replica inner sleeve.

MEAT IS MURDER found the Smiths further honing their craft, tightening and brightening their sound. Unlikely heroes at home in the UK, and starting to break through the cracks in the States, they latched inextricably onto a generation of youth on a global scale with this album, making vegetarians and animal-rights activists out of more than a few of their overcoat-wearing devotees. The most straight-ahead of the Smiths' albums in terms of production, MEAT IS MURDER is a rootsy effort, driven largely by Johnny Marr's lush acoustic guitar arrangements.

The album, however, is far from folky. While the frenetic pace and dolorous lyric "Rusholm Ruffians" and the gentle, haunting "Well I Wonder" have acoustic backbones, the blistering fury of "What She Said" and the cascading echoes of "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore" are purely electric, and are exactly the reason behind the reverence with which Marr found himself being graced from here on. Morrissey takes a humorous stab at royalty (not his last by any means) over the quick shuffle of "Nowhere Fast." The album closes on an intense, epic note with the dramatic, compelling title track, a graphic anthem for the cause celebre of vegetarianism. ”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracklist:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01. THe Headmaster Ritual
02. Rusholme Ruffians
03. I Want the One I Can't Have
04. What She Said
05. That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
06. How Soon Is Now?
07. Nowhere Fast
08. Well I Wonder
09. Barbarism Begins at Home