The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between (2016) by Hisham Matar.epub [Dr.Soc]

seeders: 8
leechers: 5
Added on July 17, 2016 by Dr.Soc.in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between (2016) by Hisham Matar.epub [Dr.Soc] (Size: 879.87 KB)
 The Return- Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between (2016) by Hisham Matar.epub879.87 KB

Description

If the regular download link does not work,
Please use magnet link (inverted u-shaped icon) for all my uploads.

For any problem with my uploads or trouble with downloading, please PM me. Thanks.

The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between by Hisham Matar
English | July 5, 2016 | ISBN: 0812994825 | 256 pages | EPUB | 0.9 MB

From the author of In the Country of Men, a Man Booker Prize and National Book Critics Circle Award finalist, comes a beautifully written, uplifting memoir of his journey home to his native Libya in search of the truth behind his father’s disappearance.

When Hisham Matar was a nineteen-year-old university student in England, his father was kidnapped. One of the Qaddafi regime’s most prominent opponents in exile, he was held in a secret prison in Libya. Hisham would never see him again. But he never gave up hope that his father might still be alive. “Hope,” as he writes, “is cunning and persistent.”

Twenty-two years later, after the fall of Qaddafi, the prison cells are empty and there is no sign of Jaballa Matar. Hisham returns with his mother and wife to the homeland he never thought he’d go back to again. The Return is the story of what he found there. It is at once an exquisite meditation on history, politics, and art, a brilliant portrait of a nation and a people on the cusp of change, and a disquieting depiction of the brutal legacy of absolute power. Above all, it is a universal tale of loss and love and of one family’s life. Hisham Matar asks the harrowing question: How does one go on living in the face of a loved one’s uncertain fate?

If you like the book, please consider supporting the author and buy the book.

Seed, Share, Gain knowledge || Don't forget to give thumbs up

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
879.87 KB
seeders:8
leechers:5
The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between (2016) by Hisham Matar.epub [Dr.Soc]