The Price of Politics (HY5)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on October 17, 2014 by Lost-Kingin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

The Price of Politics (HY5) (Size: 7.6 MB)
 The Price of Politics - Bob Woodward.lrf2.19 MB
 The Price of Politics - Bob Woodward.azw31.97 MB
 The Price of Politics - Bob Woodward.mobi1.82 MB
 The Price of Politics - Bob Woodward.epub1.62 MB

Description

Bob Woodward "The Price of Politics"
Simon & Schuster | English | September 11, 2012 | ISBN: 1451651104 | 448 pages | azw, epub, lrf, mobi | 7,8 mb

Bob Woodward's "The Price of Politics" covers the run up and aftermath of the 2011 federal debt limit debacle. I just finished reading the book and want to share my immediate impressions. Woodward's writing is what I would call reportorial. He takes care to avoid coloring sentences with unnecessary and potentially misleading adjectives. Description is kept to a minimum in the narrative. As a result, the reader must rely on the dialog and recollections of the subjects, some of whom express themselves better than others. I found it helpful to pause at various dates and think about what I was doing at the time and what I recalled about the issues and people involved.

For example, I realized I had developed a strong negative impression of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor. I was surprised that he seemed more reasonable and less ideological in the book. Similarly, I was surprised and impressed with Joe Biden's role. In the popular media, he has been relegated to "class clown" status.

Other take-aways: Congress is all about politics and little about policy. Also, we don't have a do-nothing Congress. These men and women are working very hard. But accomplishment is the prize and there is very little of that to go around. And nobody works longer or harder than the staffs of these elected officials.

Woodward's reputation and singular access in the halls of power provide his readers with important, actionable insights. The story is harrowing. The serious national issues continue to fester. Many of the people in "The Price of Politics" are up for reelection and your vote may change after reading it.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
7.6 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
The Price of Politics (HY5)