The Pretenders - 1984 - Learning To Crawl (2013 HDtracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit]

seeders: 1
leechers: 14
Added on July 3, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

The Pretenders - 1984 - Learning To Crawl (2013 HDtracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit] (Size: 1.71 GB)
 01-Middle Of The Road.flac162.97 MB
 02-Back On The Chain Gang.flac145.76 MB
 03-Time The Avenger.flac187.34 MB
 04-Watching The Clothes.flac109.5 MB
 05-Show Me.flac157.68 MB
 06-Thumbelina.flac125.39 MB
 07-My City Was Gone.flac200.37 MB
 08-Thin Line Between Love and Hate.flac134 MB
 09-I Hurt You.flac172.84 MB
 10-2000 Miles.flac136.11 MB
 11-Fast Or Slow (The Law's The Law).flac25.08 MB
 12-Tequila.flac25.2 MB
 13-I Hurt You (Denmark Street Demo).flac29.89 MB
 14-When I Change My Life (Denmark Street Demo).flac31.83 MB
 15-Ramblin' Rob (Denmark Street Demo).flac24.35 MB
 16-My City Was Gone (Live).flac37.79 MB
 17-Money (Live).flac33.69 MB
 Learning To Crawl - Sleeve.jpg2.89 MB
 Learning To Crawl.pdf8.01 MB
 The Pretenders - 1984 - Learning To Crawl (2013 HDtracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit].txt12.52 KB
 foo_dr.txt2.51 KB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

The Pretenders - 1984 - Learning To Crawl

(2013 HDtracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit]

The Pretenders

The Pretenders in 2007

Wikipedia:
The Pretenders are an English-American rock band formed in Hereford, England, in March 1978. The original band consisted of initiator and main songwriter Chrissie Hynde (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), James Honeyman-Scott (lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards), Pete Farndon (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Martin Chambers (drums, backing vocals, percussion). Following the drug-related deaths of Honeyman-Scott and Farndon, the band has experienced numerous subsequent personnel changes, with Hynde as the only consistent member, and Chambers returning after an absence of several years. Hynde launched a solo career in 2014, and The Pretenders are currently inactive (having played last in 2012). However, no official announcement about the status of the band has been made.

Learning To Crawl (2013 HDtracks)

Artist: The Pretenders
Title: Learning To Crawl
Format: 10 × File, FLAC, Album, Remastered, 24bit 192kHz (HDtracks)
7 × File, FLAC, Album, Remastered, 16bit 44.1kHz (HDtracks)
Producer: Chris Thomas
Release: January 9, 1984, (HDtracks 2013)
Recorded: 1982–83 at AIR Studios, London
Label: WM UK
Genre: Rock, Alternative Rock, New Wave
Duration: 69:23

Wikipedia:
Learning to Crawl is the Pretenders' third album, released in 1984, after a hiatus, during which time James Honeyman-Scott and Pete Farndon both died of drug overdoses. After Farndon's dismissal from the band and Honeyman-Scott's death, Chrissie Hynde and Martin Chambers initially recruited Rockpile's Billy Bremner and Big Country's Tony Butler to fill in a caretaker line-up of the band in 1982. Bremner played guitar and Butler played bass on the band's September 1982 single "Back on the Chain Gang/My City Was Gone", both sides of which were later included on Learning to Crawl. As the album sessions got under way, Bremner, Graham Parker's bass player Andrew Bodnar, and Paul Carrack (formerly of Squeeze, Ace and Roxy Music) played guitar, bass and piano respectively for the track "Thin Line Between Love and Hate". Finally, Robbie McIntosh (guitar) and Malcolm Foster (bass) were recruited to join Hynde and Chambers, and the band was now officially a quartet. It was this line-up that recorded the rest of the tracks featured on Learning to Crawl.
The November 1983 single "2000 Miles/Fast or Slow (The Law's the Law)" was the newly reconstituted foursome's first release, followed shortly by the full Learning to Crawl album in January 1984.
The album's title of "Learning to Crawl" was given in honor of Chrissie Hynde's then-newborn daughter, Natalie Rae Hynde. She was learning to crawl at the time that Chrissie was trying to determine a name for the album.

AllMusic Review by Mark Deming:
Chrissie Hynde took a long, hard road to rock & roll stardom, but when her band, the Pretenders, finally broke through in 1979, they wasted no time, growing from promising newcomers on the British music scene to major international stardom with a pair of smash albums to their credit in a mere three years. But the Pretenders' meteoric rise came to a crashing halt in 1982, when drug abuse claimed the life of guitarist James Honeyman-Scott and forced Hynde and drummer Martin Chambers to dump bassist Pete Farndon, who would also succumb to an OD in April 1983. Hynde was forced by circumstance to reinvent the Pretenders for their third album, 1984's Learning to Crawl, but if the new edition of the group lacked some of the spark of the band that made the first two LPs, through sheer force of will Hynde created a masterpiece. While Hynde hardly held back in her emotionally potent songwriting in the Pretenders' early work, on Learning to Crawl there's a gravity to her lyrics that blended with her tough but wiry melodic sense and streetwise intelligence to create a set of truly remarkable tunes. "Back on the Chain Gang" is a touching tribute to her fallen comrades that still sounds bitterly rueful, "Middle of the Road" is a furious rocker that explores the emotional and physical toll of a musician's life, "Time the Avenger" is a taut, literate examination of a businessman's adulterous relationship, "My City Was Gone" deals with the economic and cultural decay of the Midwest in a manner both pithy and genuinely heartfelt, and "2000 Miles" is a Christmas number that demonstrates Hynde can be warm without getting sappy. As a guitarist, Robbie McIntosh brought a simpler and more elemental style to the Pretenders than James Honeyman-Scott, but his tough, muscular leads fit these songs well, and bassist Malcolm Foster's solid punch fits Chambers' drumming perfectly. Three albums into her recording career, Chrissie Hynde found herself having to put the past to bed and carve out a new beginning for herself with Learning to Crawl, but she pulled it off with a striking mixture of courage, strength, and great rock & roll; with the exception of the instant-classic debut album, it's the Pretenders' finest work.

01 - Middle Of The Road - 4:14
02 - Back On The Chain Gang - 3:51
03 - Time The Avenger - 4:56
04 - Watching The Clothes - 2:52
05 - Show Me - 4:13
06 - Thumbelina - 3:17
07 - My City Was Gone - 5:25
08 - Thin Line Between Love And Hate - 3:40
09 - I Hurt You - 4:37
10 - 2000 Miles - 3:40

Bonus Tracks:

11 - Fast Or Slow (The Law's The Law) - 3:13
12 - Tequila - 3:33
13 - I Hurt You (Denmark Street Demo) - 4:05
14 - When I Change My Life (Denmark Street Demo) - 4:40
15 - Ramblin' Rob (Denmark Street Demo) - 3:30
16 - My City Was Gone (Live) - 4:53
17 - Money (Live) - 4:39

Note: Bonus tracks 11-17 are 44.1kHz 16bit.

Personnel:

Chrissie Hynde – lead vocals (all but 11), rhythm guitar, harmonica
Robbie McIntosh – lead guitar, backing vocals
Malcolm Foster – bass guitar, backing vocals
Martin Chambers – drums, backing and lead (11) vocals, percussion

Additional Personnel:

Billy Bremner – lead guitar on "Back on the Chain Gang" and "My City Was Gone", rhythm guitar and vocals on "Thin Line Between Love and Hate"
Tony Butler – bass guitar on "Back on the Chain Gang" and "My City Was Gone"
Andrew Bodnar – bass guitar and vocals on "Thin Line Between Love and Hate"
Paul Carrack – piano and vocals on "Thin Line Between Love and Hate"

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.71 GB
seeders:1
leechers:14
The Pretenders - 1984 - Learning To Crawl (2013 HDtracks) [FLAC@192khz24bit]