The Poet's Wife - Rebecca Stonehill - [N27]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 29, 2016 by flambokidin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

The Poet's Wife - Rebecca Stonehill - [N27] (Size: 497.25 KB)
 The Poet's Wife - Rebecca Stonehill.epub378.11 KB
 Cover.jpg119.14 KB

Description

The Poet's Wife by Rebecca Stonehill

English | EPUB | ISBN-10: 1909490512 | ISBN-13: 978-1909490512

September 25, 2014 | Bookouture

imageimage

Literature & Fiction

CONTENTS

Copyright
Dedication
Epigraph
Prologue
1. Luisa
2. Isabel
3. Luisa
4. Isabel
5. Luisa
6. Isabel
7. Luisa
8. Isabel
9. Luisa
10. Isabel
11. Luisa
12. Isabel
13. Luisa
14. Isabel
15. Paloma
16. Isabel
17. Luisa
18. Paloma
19. Isabel
20. Paloma
21. Isabel
Epilogue
Letter from Rebecca
Acknowledgments
A Q&A with Rebecca Stonehill

Excerpt:

LUISA

SUMMER 1920

My daughter Isabel is born on a day of fire-breathing wind that gusts in hot, furious eddies through Granada. Rather than the heat dissipating by seven in the evening, it has gathered enough momentum and strength to power a steam engine and thus, my first labour is long and arduous. I fix my eyes upon the soaring cypresses and parched mountains through the open window whilst trying to control my breathing, loud exhalations punctuated by the sound of Eduardo thumping up and down the stairs.

‘Eduardo, por el amor de Dios, stay still!’ I scream between contractions, horrified to hear my profane use of the Lord’s name but powerless to prevent it.

‘I’m trying! What can I do?’ he cries through the closed door as his voice crescendos with panic. ‘Just tell me, por favor, what can I do?’

‘I should like you to stop your pacing for a start and – Jesús!’ A shaft of pain tears through my body and as I double over the midwife mutters something about never before having heard such obscene language and, brushing her hands together announces the baby is on its way out. As I push and scream the name of every saint I can remember and strain my child into the world, I envisage the green-grey eyes of my husband on the other side of the door, the only man I have ever loved.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
497.25 KB
seeders:0
leechers:0
The Poet's Wife - Rebecca Stonehill - [N27]