The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbt

seeders: 6
leechers: 0
Added on January 17, 2016 by invisifanin Books > Comics
Torrent verified.

The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbt (Size: 8.86 MB)
 The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbt8.86 MB

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
8.86 MB
seeders:6
leechers:0
The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbt

All Comments

ww2flyinace,
Ignore all my previous suggestions to convert the cbt file to cbr/cbz files. It works, but it is not necessary to convert... My reader(SumatraPDF) also was not opening the cbt file; that is why I found the roundabout way to convert it to a cbr file. But, Through a nice interaction with the uploader invisifan, I realized that it was not necessary...Following his suggestion, I installed the latest version(3.11) of SumatraPDF and it opens the cbt file.
Wish this was in cbr or cbz.
I found a way to convert it to cbr. You may try it unless somebody suggests an easier method. I did it like this:
1. Extracted all the files in the .cbt file to an arbitrary folder.I used WinRAR for this;Any "tar" extractor may work. We get 22 files with names "5-00.webp" to "5-21".webp in the arbitrary folder.
2.Select all these .wep files and add them to a single zipped file. We get a new file 5-00.zip.
3. Change the extension of this zipped file to .cbr. You can also give any new name(I changed 5-00.zip to Phantom 005(2015).cbr)
The new Phantom 005(2015).cbr file can be opened like any other cbr file.

Hope this will be useful to you...

PS: I first tried changing the extension .cbt to .cbr. It did not work...
3 things about that:
(1) if you archived with zip it isn't cbR, you should rename to cbZ — not all viewers will check the actual format, so misnaming it like that may not work for everyone
(2) if you have WinRAR saving it to a RAR archive and renaming it to CBR gives an actual cbR comic
(3) all of the above is pretty pointless — I uploaded it as cbt because the internal format is webp, not jpeg — if your viewer can’t handle it in cbt it won't work in cbr or cbz either — you’d have to use a graphics utility to convert to jpg first which would at least triple the file size and degrade the images
Thanks for the feedback, invisifan ...But what you said does not agree with my experience...It happened this way:

1. I use SumatraPDF as the default reader for PDF, cbz and cbr files. After downloading "The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbt", I first tried to open it with SumatraPDF. It showed an error message "Error loading The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbt".

2. Then I renamed the file to "The Phantom 005 (Hermes Press-2015).cbr", and tried to open it with SumatraPDF. Same result.

3. I simply wanted to avoid installing another reader. So I followed the method I outlined earlier. The resulting file which I named Phantom005(2015).cbr could be opened with SumatraPDF. The file size was 8.82 MB, which is slighly less than the original cbt file(8.86MB). I also noticed that size of the 21 nos .webp files totally was almost the same(8.86 MB)...That is, zipping or taring did not save much space. Quality of the was re-zipped file is quite good.

4. After seeing your mail, just out of curiosity, I repeated the entire procedure, with the same results. I also found that the re-zipped file(Size 8.82MB) can be read by SumatraPDF even when the file extension was changed to .zip,.cbr, or .cbz. But SumatraPDF could not open it when the same file extension was changed to .tar or .cbt. This behaviour may be specific to SumatraPDF.
Why? Do you have a problem reading it? Some older viewers do, but there are free, current viewers on every platform that will handle it (without increasing the size by 3-5 times)
ww2flyinace,
Ignore all my previous suggestions to convert the cbt file to cbr/cbz files. It works, but it is not necessary to convert... My reader(SumatraPDF) also was not opening the cbt file; that is why I found the roundabout way to convert it to a cbr file. But, Through a nice interaction with the uploader invisifan, I realized that it was not necessary...Following his suggestion, I installed the latest version(3.11) of SumatraPDF and it opens the cbt file.
Thanks. I opened it up, converted the webp image files to png with GraphicConvertor, then re-archived it into a cbz. Not a hassle I'd want to go through for many things.* I haven't found a Mac OS X Comic viewer that handles .cbt yet. Most of the OS X programs haven't been updated in several years. (My preferred reader, Simple Comic, was last updated nearly 5 years ago. Aside from not handling .cbt, it works fine.)

*Yeah, the resulting file is a lot bigger, but storage space is not a primary consideration for me, and the file size for the cbz is in the range with other things I download on a regular basis, so I'm not too fussed about it taking longer to download.
Additional update: YACReader will handle cbt/webp files. It's... functional. It has some less than mac-like interface issues (The biggest issue being that it doesn't properly register with the OS what files it knows how to open, so that you can't simply open the files from the Finder, you have to open the app, then open the file. Annoying.)
All in all, I'd much prefer to just stick with .cbr and .cbz, and readers that just work.
By the way, thanks for the help, both
If the issue with YACreader is the not registering properly it should be mentioned at their forum — they are pretty responsive about any issues, and a new release is due out soon …
Thank You invisifan...