The Mommy Myth - The Idealization of Motherhood and How It Has Undermined All Women [ePUB]

seeders: 0
leechers: 3
Added on December 6, 2015 by erapidtubein Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Description

The Mommy Myth: The Idealization of Motherhood and How It Has Undermined All Women

To Read epub file in PC. Install this software.

Torrent: EPUB File Reader {{ERTB}}

This is a terrific book! I thought I'd just skim through it like so many of these kinds of books, but I find myself not wanting to miss a word. Every few pages I grab my husband and read a few lines aloud to him. I can SO relate to so much of what these ladies wrote, even though I definitely don't always agree with them... and isn't that the point? There are as many ways to be a fulfilled woman as there are human beings with two X chromosomes.
I love the way most of this book is written and I think it's hilariously funny except that it's not, iykwim. It's a very pithy history of feminism and 'good mother'hood -- what they are, what they're not, what they could be, and what various folks would like you to think they should be -- from the perspective of 'real' women (ie not 'experts') with real opinions which they are unafraid of expressing.
For the most part, I highly recommend this book. As women of all ages, we should know about and understand the context in which we are living our lives.
*** (Caveat: Parts of the last chapter can be skipped entirely. I think that's where the authors themselves got a wee bit sidetracked and possibly even a mite self-righteous. It is apparently inconceivable to them that some women might make choices different from theirs for reasons that don't fit so well into the binary paradigm the authors have attempted to describe. Rather than taking sides in the "Mommy Wars" perhaps they might have returned to their original proposition that many women are ambivalent about their life choices; in truth, there are trade offs no matter what you do, and life choices span a range of A to Z, not merely A or B. It's a shame, because I really LOVED the rest of this book. It's still very much worth reading, and offers PLENTY of food for thought.) ***

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.17 MB
seeders:0
leechers:3
The Mommy Myth - The Idealization of Motherhood and How It Has Undermined All Women [ePUB]