The Forty Rules of Love and Honor by Elif Shafak (Two Novels) - [prafu99]

seeders: 5
leechers: 4
Added on November 22, 2013 by Praful99in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

The Forty Rules of Love and Honor by Elif Shafak (Two Novels) - [prafu99] (Size: 914.03 KB)
 Honor by Elif Shafak.epub477.35 KB
 The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak.epub436.67 KB

Description

The Forty Rules of Love and Honor by Elif Shafak

Genre: Romance

Elif Shafak (Elif Şafak) was born in Strasbourg, France, in 1971. She is an award-winning novelist and the most widely read woman writer in Turkey. Critics have named her as "one of the most distinctive voices in contemporary Turkish and world literature". Her books have been translated into more than thirty languages and she was awarded the honorary distinction of Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters.

Shafak has published eleven books, eight of which are novels. She writes fiction in both Turkish and English. Shafak blends Western and Eastern traditions of storytelling, bringing out the myriad stories of women, minorities, immigrants, subcultures, youth and global souls. Her work draws on diverse cultures and literary traditions, as well as deep interest in history, philosophy, Sufism, oral culture, and cultural politics. Shafak's writing breaks down categories, clichés, and cultural ghettoes. She also has a keen eye for black humor.

The Forty Rules of Love

Ella Rubenstein is forty years old and unhappily married when she takes a job as a reader for a literary agent. Her first assignment is to read and report on Sweet Blasphemy, a novel written by a man named Aziz Zahara. Ella is mesmerized by his tale of Shams's search for Rumi and the dervish's role in transforming the successful but unhappy cleric into a committed mystic, passionate poet, and advocate of love. She is also taken with Shams's lessons, or rules, that offer insight into an ancient philosophy based on the unity of all people and religions, and the presence of love in each and every one of us. As she reads on, she realizes that Rumi's story mir­rors her own and that Zahara—like Shams—has come to set her free.

Honor

'My mother died twice. I promised myself I would not let her story be forgotten'.
And so begins the story of Esma a young Kurdish woman in London trying to come to terms with the terrible murder her brother has committed. Esma tells the story of her family stretching back three generations; back to her grandmother and the births of her mother and Aunt in a village on the edge of the Euphrates. Named Pembe and Jamila, meaning Pink and Beautiful rather than the names their mother wanted to call them, Destiny and Enough, the twin girls have very different futures ahead of them all of which will end in tragedy on a street in East London in 1978.

A powerful, brilliant and moving account of murder, love and family set in a Kurdish village, Istanbul and London.

Note - Please Seed After Download.

[praful99]

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
914.03 KB
seeders:5
leechers:4
The Forty Rules of Love and Honor by Elif Shafak (Two Novels) - [prafu99]

All Comments

Thanks