The Family Letters of Louis D. Brandeis (2002) (608p) [Inua].pdf

seeders: 24
leechers: 2
Added on November 30, 2014 by Inuain Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

The Family Letters of Louis D. Brandeis (2002) (608p) [Inua].pdf (Size: 1.65 MB)
 The Family Letters of Louis D. Brandeis (2002) (608p) [Inua].pdf1.65 MB

Description

Title: The Family Letters of Louis D. Brandeis
Author: Louis Dembitz Brandeis
Editors: Melvin I. Urofsky and David W. Levy
Hardcover: 608 pages
Publisher: University of Oklahoma Press (August 2002)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0806134046
ISBN-13: 978-0806134048

Description:
The editors of this volume, Urofsky and Levy, have edited 6 previous volumes of Brandeis letters: 5 volumes of general business related correspondence and one volume of letters between LDB and Frankfurter (particularly interesting in light of the allegations of improper conduct made in Bruce Alen Murphy's "The Brandeis/Frankfurter Connection"). This volume is somewhat different, in that it concentrates upon Brandeis' correspondence with family members, principally his wife, two daughters and brother Alfred. The value of the collection is to afford another insight into Brandeis the man, and it certainly fills that bill. The editors have maintained the outstanding quality of their previous volumes in terms of annotations and explanations of LDB's sometimes ambiguous references, including quotes in German. The most interesting aspect I discovered was that LDB, who never cracked a joke in the previous 6 volumes, and was always somewhat formal and withdrawn, continues to manifest these traits in his family letters. I guess he was just all business, though obviously a loving and attentive parent. A valuable addition to the literature on LDB.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.65 MB
seeders:24
leechers:2
The Family Letters of Louis D. Brandeis (2002) (608p) [Inua].pdf