The Color Purple (2005 Original Broadway Cast) 320cbr (Big Papi) Oprah Winfrey Presents A New Musical

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on October 7, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

The Color Purple (2005 Original Broadway Cast) 320cbr (Big Papi) Oprah Winfrey Presents A New Musical (Size: 180.35 MB)
 01 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Overture.mp35.43 MB
 02 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Huckleberry Pie/Mysterious Ways.mp312.69 MB
 03 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Somebody Gonna Love You.mp33.2 MB
 04 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Our Prayer.mp38.93 MB
 05 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - That Fine Mister.mp31.66 MB
 06 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Big Dog.mp36.47 MB
 07 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Lily of the Field.mp37.36 MB
 08 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Dear God - Sofia.mp31.78 MB
 09 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - A Tree Named Sofia.mp31010.1 KB
 10 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Hell No.mp310.3 MB
 11 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Brown Betty.mp34.51 MB
 12 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Shug Avery Comin' to Town.mp37.36 MB
 13 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - All We've Got to Say.mp31.8 MB
 14 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Dear God - Shug.mp32.55 MB
 15 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Too Beautiful for Words.mp34.91 MB
 16 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Push Da Button.mp312.32 MB
 17 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Uh Oh.mp38.07 MB
 18 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - What About Love.mp310.12 MB
 19 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Act I Finale.mp32.56 MB
 20 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - African Homeland.mp315.95 MB
 21 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - The Color Purple.mp35.78 MB
 22 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Church Ladies' Easter.mp32.23 MB
 23 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - I Curse You Mister.mp31.18 MB
 24 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Celie's Curse.mp38.44 MB
 25 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Miss Celie's Pants.mp35.56 MB
 26 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - Any Little Thing.mp35.88 MB
 27 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - What About Love? (reprise).mp32.15 MB
 28 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - I'm Here.mp310.14 MB
 29 Brenda Russell, Allee Willis and Stephen Bray - The Color Purple (reprise).mp39.95 MB
 Big Papi.nfo3.99 KB

Description

Source: 2005 CD

By Steven V
Well you can call me a big LaChanze fan now.

I admired her on the cast recording of "Once on This Island," but that was a long time ago, and now, in the space of a month, she's appeared in a starring role on two major cast recordings: the new Stephen Flaherty-Lynn Ahrens musical "Dessa Rose" and now this one, "The Color Purple." She's fantastic in both. What is particularly impressive is that though her two characters are not exactly miles apart (both are downtrodden women who age over the course of the show and eventually triumph over troubling beginnings), LaChanze creates two fully realized portraits-- you can listen to both recordings one after another and not mix up her Dessa with her Celie here. This is strong acting and she's very impressive. "Dessa Rose" is long gone, but I'm sure LaChanze can expect a Tony nomination for her work in "Purple."

While we're speculating on nominations, let's not forget Elisabeth Withers-Mendes, who's songstress Shug Avery is a sexy highlight on this recording. Felicia P. Fields also makes a memorable impression on disc as the strong and defiant Sofia. Okay, really the whole cast is good-- men included. They are the best reasons to own this recording.

As for the music-- well it's not the most distinguished you'll hear, but it's fairly full of energy and works well enough. If some of it tends towards the generic, there are also moments of power sprinkled throughout. There's a lot of variety in musical styles (though the time period feels like it moves from the 1930's to the 60's or so, rather than the 10's to the 40's, or really just back and forth all over the century). There are also little "snippets" of music in addition to longer, traditional numbers. That's a trend in musicals I like-- in which not every musical number needs to be a bona fide "song." The score is by first time musical composers Brenda Russell, Allee Willis, and Stephen Bray. If it's not a complete success, it's a worthy attempt, and a perfectly enjoyable listen.

Plus it has LaChanze. (Did I mention she's really, really good?)

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
180.35 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
The Color Purple (2005 Original Broadway Cast) 320cbr (Big Papi) Oprah Winfrey Presents A New Musical