The Boris Karloff Collection - The Black Castle (1952) Xvid 1cd [DDR].avi

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on June 1, 2015 by Cicero777in Movies
Torrent verified.

Available in versions: DVD

The Boris Karloff Collection - The Black Castle (1952) Xvid 1cd [DDR].avi (Size: 699.55 MB)
 The Boris Karloff Collection - The Black Castle (1952) Xvid 1cd [DDR].avi699.55 MB

Description

When I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. and Boris Karloff in the cast, I was expecting to find a typically "schlocky" 1950's style horror movie. The opening scene (a graveyard with a wolf howling in the background) seemed to confirm this. Once I began watching it, though, what I discovered was a nifty little mystery about an Englishman (Richard Green) seeking to discover what had happened to two of his friends who had disappeared in the Black Forest and, if necessary, to take revenge against the evil Count (Stephen McNally) who ruled the territory. Chaney, as the voiceless Gargon, had a rather limited role (one which reminded me of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, actually) while Karloff had a somewhat more substantial role as Dr. Meissen. In fact, Meissen was one of the more interesting characters in the movie, and it was difficult to know until the very end whether he would be established to be a good guy or a bad guy! The castle set was magnificent, and even the limited depiction of the Black Forest was real enough. It certainly didn't come across as low-budget, compared to other movies I've seen anyway. The only disappointment, I thought, was Rita Corday's performance as the Countess. She seemed somewhat dry and didn't seem to put much passion into the role.

That aside, I found that this movie held my attention throughout, and there was enough suspense about how this was all going to turn out to make it well worth the watching. Definitely recommended, with a 7/10 rating.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
699.55 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
The Boris Karloff Collection - The Black Castle (1952) Xvid 1cd [DDR].avi

Screenshots

The Boris Karloff Collection - The Black Castle (1952) Xvid 1cd [DDR].avi screenshot