-The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-LIVE Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs

seeders: 4
leechers: 0
Added on April 2, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

-The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-LIVE Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs (Size: 227.77 MB)
 Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-1980 HD-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp499.13 MB
 The Blues Brothers - She Caught The Katy-Dan Akroyd, Jim Belushi, and John Goodman-live-Dolby Pro...75.82 MB
 01 - She Caught The Katy.flac27.64 MB
 The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-John Belushi's last live performance-song-Live 1980.mp425.16 MB
 The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-LIVE Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs-2.torrent19.17 KB
 Da Blues Brothas-SHE CAUGHT THE KATY.txt516 bytes

Description

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
[color=blue]"She Caught the Katy"
The Blues Brothas: John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, ALSO John Goodman, Jim Belushi
We ALL miss John sooo much, but no one can blame the man as we will never really know what happened that day. We have his great legacy.
Here is a link by Penny Marshall about John's influences:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-belushi-death-anniversary-penny-marshall-296818
The Blues Brothers Band:
John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, lead vocals
Dan Aykroyd as Elwood Blues, harmonica and lead vocals
Steve Cropper as Steve "the Colonel" Cropper, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and vocals
Donald "Duck" Dunn as himself, bass guitar
Murphy Dunne as Murphy "Murph" Dunne, keyboards
Willie Hall as Willie "Too Big" Hall, drums and percussion
Tom Malone as Tom "Bones" Malone, trombone, tenor saxophone, and backing vocals
Lou Marini as "Blue Lou" Marini, alto saxophone and tenor saxophone, and backing

vocals
Matt Murphy as Matt "Guitar" Murphy, lead guitar
Alan Rubin as Alan "Mr. Fabulous" Rubin, trumpet, percussion and backing vocals

Finished Audio: 1082kbs

This is a movie about the 2 orphaned Brothers and how the Blues, effects, and is the catylsyt of their entire lives. No coincidence that this is the opening song.The Blues Brothers is a 1980 American musical comedy film wrote by Dan Akroyd directed by John Landis and starring John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd as "Joliet" Jake and Elwood Blues, characters developed from "The Blues Brothers" musical sketch on the NBC variety series Saturday Night Live. Jake Blues is released from prison after serving three years for armed robbery. Jake is picked up by his brother Elwood in the Bluesmobile in a battered former Mount Prospect police cruiser. while the opening song "She Caught the Katy" is playing to set the movie up.
Lil history on the film:
Universal Studios, which had won the bidding war for the film, was hoping to take advantage of Belushi's popularity in the wake of Saturday Night Live, Animal House, and the Blues Brothers' musical success; it soon found itself unable to control production costs. The start of principal photography was delayed when Aykroyd, new to film screenwriting, took six months to deliver a long and unconventional script that Landis had to rewrite before production, which began without a final budget. On location in Chicago, Belushi's partying and drug use caused lengthy and costly delays that, Cocaine was already so prevalent on the set (like many other film productions of that era) that Aykroyd, who used far less than his partner, claims a section of the budget was actually set aside for purchases of the drug during night shooting. The stars had a private bar, the Blues Club, built on the set, (See Picture) for themselves, crew, and friends. Carrie Fisher, Aykroyd's girlfriend at the time, says most of the bar's staff doubled as dealers, procuring any drug patrons desired that along with the destructive car chases depicted onscreen, made the final film one of the most expensive comedies ever produced. Concerns that the film would fail limited its initial bookings to less than half those a film of its magnitude normally received. Released in the United States on June 20, 1980, it
received positive reviews. It earned just under $5 million in its opening weekend and went on to gross $115.2 million in theaters worldwide before its release on home video. It has become a cult classic, spawning the sequel, Blues Brothers 2000, 18 years later. "She Caught the Katy (And Left Me a Mule To Ride)" is a blues standard written by Taj Mahal and James Rachell. The song was first recorded for Taj Mahal's 1968 album The Natch'l Blues, and is one of Mahal's most famous tunes. It has since been covered many times, and is included on the soundtrack for the 1980 movie The Blues Brothers (the song greets Jake Blues as he leaves prison, in the beginning of the movie). According to John Belushi's widow, it was Belushi's favorite blues song. The "Katy" refers to the Missouri–Kansas–Texas Railroad. This song's about somebody's wife who's trying to leave him behind and start a new life, but he manages to catch the train by swinging onto caboose on a mule. It's also about the Katy, or the MKT, which is the Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railway. There are still places in the Midwest where the old train stations still are. This song is the perfect opening to the "Blues Brothers".
On March 5, 1982, Bill Wallace found Belushi dead in his room, Bungalow 3 at the Chateau Marmont on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, California.[10] He was 33 years old. The cause of death was a cocaine and heroin overdose, a drug combination also known as a speedball. In the early morning hours on the day of his death, he was visited separately by friends Robin Williams and Robert De Niro, each of whom left the premises, leaving Belushi in the company of assorted others, including Catherine Evelyn Smith.[11][12] His death was investigated by forensic pathologist Dr. Ryan Norris among others, and while the findings were disputed, it was officially ruled a drug-related accident.
A day before Belushi's death he was being pressured by Paramount Pictures head of production Michael Eisner to star in the film National Lampoon's Joy of Sex. During the meeting his best friend Dan Aykroyd called and advised him not to do it because he felt that they were just using him as a vehicle to get this picture made and make it successful since Belushi was a bankable star. Aykroyd said, "Oh don't do that piece, are you kidding me? Get out, get away! Come home, it's the spring, something will happen over the summer or fall". Aykroyd was writing Ghostbusters at the time, a film in which Belushi would have appeared. Belushi then refused to appear in Joy of Sex, then asked his manager Bernie Brillstein for $1,800 to buy what he claimed was Bill Haley's guitar; the funds were used to purchase the heroin which was a contributing factor that killed him. After Belushi left the meeting he went to a friend's house where Smith happened to be, they did coke and John then went back to his apartment at the Marmont, Smith took some of the $1,800 to buy heroin. He then made four calls, first to Brillstein telling him he would do "The Joy of Sex" after all, the second to Eisner telling him the same thing, the third to Jeff Katzenberg (Eisner's senior vice president at Paramount) to arrange a meeting for the film on that Friday and also to give him a wake up call at noon (which was an atypical Belushi move to him) and lastly to Smith to find out the status of the heroin. They then went to The Roxy Theatre and spent five hours there, making numerous trips to the bathroom where Smith started injecting multiple speedballs into Belushi's veins. They then went back to the Marmont where Belushi "threw up", passed out temporarily, smoked a joint with her, strummed a few chords on his guitar and then had Smith inject one more speedball into him. He then complained of being cold so she put Belushi to bed and turned the heat on. She ordered coffee and toast from Room Service and checked on Belushi one more time to find him snoring. Then at noon on March 5, Bill Wallace arrived with a typewriter that Belushi had requested for script writing. He found Belushi curled up on his right side in bed not responsive or breathing. He called Brillstein and said, "We're in trouble, John is not breathing!" Brillstein then called 911 but Belushi was already dead.Two months later, Smith admitted in an interview with the National Enquirer that she had been with Belushi the night of his death and had given him the fatal speedball shot. After the appearance of the article "I Killed Belushi" in the Enquirer edition of June 29, 1982, the case was reopened. Smith was extradited from Toronto, Ontario, arrested and charged with first-degree murder. A plea bargain reduced the charge to involuntary manslaughter, and she served fifteen months in prison.
Shortly before Belushi's death, he appeared in a cameo for the comedy series Police Squad! At the suggestion of the show's producer, Robert K. Weiss, Belushi was filmed face down in a swimming pool, playing dead. The footage was part of a running gag wherein an episode's special guest star would not survive past the opening credits without meeting some gruesome end. The scene was cut after his death and the footage is believed to have been lost.Belushi and his friend Dan Aykroyd were slated to present the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects at the 54th Academy Awards, an event held less than four weeks after his death.
Belushi was slated to appear on the Canadian comedy show Second City Television (SCTV), which was by then being shown on NBC in the United States, but according to Dave Thomas, one of whose best-known characters on SCTV was Doug McKenzie in the "Great White North" sketches, they were "planning him into their set, when suddenly, they received a phone call that Belushi had died in his hotel room. We stopped our work and just stared at each other, not being able to believe what had happened. John Candy began to cry, for Belushi as a friend, but also because it, to him, signaled the end of that era of comedy TV, now that one of their greats was dead". The segments he was to be in were scrapped, and the show continued without him. An earlier SCTV sketch had starred Tony Rosato as Belushi.
Belushi's wife arranged for a traditional Orthodox Christian funeral which was conducted by an Albanian Orthodox priest. He has been interred twice at Abel's Hill Cemetery in chilmark on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. A tombstone marking the original burial location has a New England classic slate design, complete with skull and crossbones, that reads, "I may be gone but Rock and Roll lives on." An unmarked tombstone in an undisclosed location marks the final burial location. He also is remembered on the Belushi family stone marking his mother's grave at Elmwood Cemetery in River Grove, Illinois. This stone reads, "HE GAVE US LAUGHTER."
Belushi's life is detailed in the 1984 biography Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi by Bob Woodward. Many friends and relatives of Belushi, including his widow, Judy, Dan Aykroyd and James Belushi, agreed to be interviewed at length for the book, but later felt the final product was exploitative and not representative of the John Belushi they knew. The book was later adapted into a feature film in which Belushi was played by Michael Chiklis. Belushi's friends and family boycotted the film, the publicity from which helped cause the movie to be a box-office flop. The Grateful Dead performed the song "West L.A. Fadeaway" beginning in late 1982. The song, penned by long time lyricist Robert Hunter and sung by Jerry Garcia, contains fairly explicit references to Belushi's death, especially the line "Looking for a chateau, twenty-one rooms, but one will do." (referring to the Chateau Marmont, where Belushi died) and the line "little red light on the highway, big green light on the speedway" (referring to the fact that Belushi died from injecting a drug combination known as a "speedball", cocaine and heroin.) In addition, the "West LA Girl" referred to in the song as "hauling items for the mob" refers to Cathy Smith, rumored to have given John the fatal injection and to have mob connections that spawned a few conspiracy theories questioning if the overdose was actually accidental. Chris Farley, whose work was influenced by Belushi, also died at age 33 due to a drug overdose, contributing to comparisons between Belushi and Farley.

LYRICS:

"She Caught The Katy"

She caught the Katy
And left me a mule to ride
She caught the Katy
Now my baby caught the Katy
Left me a mule to ride
The train pulled out
I swung on behind
Crazy 'bout her
That hard headed woman of mine

Man, my baby's long
Great gosh a-mighty my baby's tall
You know my baby's long
Great gosh almighty my baby's tall
Yeah my baby she's long
My baby she's tall
She's sleepin' with her head in the kitchen
And her feet's out in the hall
Crazy 'bout her
That hard headed woman of mine

Well I love my baby
She's so fine
But I wish she'd come and see me some time
She don't believe in our love, ah
Look whatta hole I'm in
She don't believe what I'm sayin'
Kid look whatta shape I'm in
Huh-huh

She caught the Katy
She caught the Katy
Well my baby caught the Katy
Left me a mule to ride
The train pulled out
I swung on behind
Crazy 'bout that hard headed woman
Hard headed woman of mine
Huh-huh, huh-huh

Video:
Frame Width: 1280
Frame Height: 720
Data Rate: 3004kbps
Total Bitrate: 3636kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS
This video is HD 1080P

Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Track 2
7.1 ch mix
Bit Rate: 1536kbps

The Blues Brothers - She Caught The Katy-Dan Akroyd, John G And Jim Belushi-live-

Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs

Finished Audio: 423kbs

Video:
Frame Width: 480
Frame Height: 368
Data Rate: 2006kbps
Total Bitrate: 2430kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS
This video is HD 1080P

Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)

Track 2
7.1 ch mix
Bit Rate: 1536kbps

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
227.77 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0
-The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-LIVE Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs

Screenshots

-The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-LIVE Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs screenshot
-The Blues Brothers-She Caught the Katy-LIVE Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs screenshot