The Beatles-Shea Stadium 1965 Complete, Uncut SBD

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on September 13, 2013 by flaviusmercuriusin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

The Beatles-Shea Stadium 1965 Complete, Uncut SBD (Size: 214.84 MB)
 01 - Brian Matthew.flac1.03 MB
 02 - Introduction.flac11.6 MB
 03 - Twist And Shout.flac5.75 MB
 04 - She's A Woman.flac12.98 MB
 05 - I Feel Fine.flac11 MB
 06 - Dizzy Miss Lizzy.flac13.05 MB
 07 - Ticket to Ride.flac9.62 MB
 08 - Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby.flac11.77 MB
 09 - Can't Buy Me Love.flac10.23 MB
 10 - Baby's In Black.flac10.47 MB
 11 - Act Naturally.flac11.65 MB
 12 - A Hard Day's Night.flac12.27 MB
 13 - Help.flac12.37 MB
 14 - I'm Down.flac12.61 MB
 15 - Dizzy Miss Lizzy.flac12.03 MB
 16 - Can't Buy Me Love.flac9.07 MB
 17 - Baby's In Black.flac9.35 MB
 18 - I'm Down.flac9.8 MB
 19 - I Feel Fine.flac8.83 MB
 20 - Help.flac9.64 MB
 21 - Ticket To Ride.flac9.51 MB
 Shea Info.txt4.92 KB
 shea1a.jpg141.64 KB
 shea1x.jpg70.08 KB

Description

15 August 1965 Shea Stadium, Flushing, Queens, New York (SBD>?>FLAC)

01. Interview by Brian Mathew

02. Intro

03. Twist And Shout

04. She’s A Woman

05. I Feel Fine

06. Dizzy Miss Lizzy

07. Ticket To Ride

08. Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby

09. Can’t Buy Me Love

10. Baby’s In Black

11. Act Naturally

12. A Hard Day’s Night

13. Help!

14. I’m Down

5 January 1966 CTS Studios, London

Overdub and re-recording session for “The Beatles At Shea Stadium” (TV?>?>FLAC)

15. Dizzy Miss Lizzy (Bass overdub)

16. Can’t Buy Me Love (Bass Overdub)

17. Baby’s In Black (Bass Overdub)

18. I’m Down (Bass & organ overdub)

19. I Feel Fine (Complete re-recording)

20. Help! (Complete re-recording)

21. Ticket To Ride (Possible overdubs)

John Lennon: Vocals/Guitar/Organ

Paul McCartney: Vocals/Bass

George Harrison: Guitar/Vocals

Ringo Starr: Drums/Vocals

This is the complete, unadulterated Shea Stadium soundboard recording.

The following excerpted from "The Beatles Source" web site and describs the tape from which this is taken:

This is the "warts and all" version of the most famous rock concert in history...no remixing,

no re-recording, and no overdubs.

Except, of course, for The Beatles themselves and their inner circle, this writer was assured that he

would be only the second person in the world to ever hear this historic recording that has been stored away

since 1965. In a word...or, maybe a phrase...this is one for the time capsule!

It is not generally known how much "doctoring" was done to prepare "The Beatles At Shea Stadium" for television.

Until the publication of Mark Lewisohn's "The Complete Beatles Chronicles", in 1992, even the most ardent

Beatles experts, were under the impression that, other than the fact that several songs were cut from the

television special due to time constraints, the only such "doctoring" was the substitution of the recorded

single version of "Act Naturally" for Ringo's live vocal.

Lewisohn's chronicle of the Beatles activities on January 5, 1966, however, reveals in detail the extent of

remixing, re-recording, and ovrdubbing. For it was on this day that the group entered CTS Studios in Kensington

Gardens Square, London, to do just that.

CTS (CIne Tele Sound) was the UK's state of the art audio-to-film dubbing studio at the time. Since the advent

of sound motion pictures, such dubbing has been an integral part of movie-making. The practice has been common

in live music film just as long. What artist doesn't want to release the best possible performance?

The reasons The Beatles, Brian Epstein, and producer George Martin, elected to facilitate a makeover, of sorts,

on many of the Shea Stadium tracks, was two-fold. First, even though state of the art technology, by 1965

standards, was utilized for the flm and audio recording of the event, a myriad of complications with the audio

feed arose (eg. drop-outs, missing bass tracks, microphone malfunctions, equalization problems...etc.

The filming of the Shea Stadium concert for television was the first event of any kind (live or in the studio) to

utilize eight cameras. Boy, would we love to get a look at that from eight camera angles and zooms! The bottom

line: technical difficulties necessitated re-recording and overdubbing on certain tracks. Second, the conditions

at Shea Stadium were electrifying from the audiences standpoint. After all, it was the largest audience in

history to ever attend a concert, and the high-decibal screaming was to be expected. From the Beatles standpoint,

between the sheer immensity of it all with 55,600 in the seats, they had a hard time hearing themselves. Under

such conditions, the performance itself is bound to suffer somewhat. But there is no need to make excuses because

from this listeners standpoint, this Beatles "warts and all" performance was just fine. Sure, there were some

strained vocals, a few mangled lyrics, and the like, but overall, nothing avid listeners to the abundance of

Beatles concerts haven't become accustomed to from other '65 shows. It's too bad that some of the banter was

cut, and Ringo's lyric could have made the cut as well. Lewisohn relates that the re-recording and overdubbing

that took place at CTS Studios that day was taken very seriously, as the group wanted to adhere to the

live-concert sound and be careful in matching the singing and playing to the on-screen images...a tough task.

The most striking aspect of listening to the Beatles performance particularly, was the fact that the screaming,

while constant throughout, on this line feed is relegated to the background on this mix. Lewisohn confirms that

screaming from the unreleased Hollywood Bowl performance of August 30, 1965 was extensively incorporated into

the Shea Stadium film. Interesting, eh?We urge you to read Lewisohn's full account in 'The Beatles Chronicles.'

For more information and details, please go to: http://www.beatlesource.com/bs/to-shea1.html

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
214.84 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
The Beatles-Shea Stadium 1965 Complete, Uncut SBD

All Comments

Great post!