Sylvie Lewis - It's All True [2012][EAC.CUE.LOG,FLAC]

seeders: 9
leechers: 5
Added on November 29, 2013 by dickthespicin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Sylvie Lewis - It's All True [2012][EAC.CUE.LOG,FLAC] (Size: 158.88 MB)
 Digipack.jpg640 KB
 insert-disc.jpg566.19 KB
 01 - Dylan's Arms.flac14.39 MB
 02 - Leaving, For The Last Time.flac12.73 MB
 03 - The Song I Sang Before I Met You.flac23.49 MB
 04 - Kindness.flac12.81 MB
 05 - Summer Salt.flac13.34 MB
 06 - The Fish And The Bird.flac16.19 MB
 07 - The Doorman.flac5.14 MB
 08 - Ballad Of Honeymouth.flac16.81 MB
 09 - Gocce.flac9.71 MB
 10 - Streets Of Rome.flac16.39 MB
 11 - Give Me The Roses Now.flac16.68 MB
 It's All True.cue1.82 KB
 Sylvie Lewis - It's All True.jpg10.41 KB
 Sylvie Lewis - It's All True.log11.92 KB
 Sylvie Lewis - It's All True.m3u823 bytes

Description

Artist: Sylvie Lewis
Release: It's All True
Released: 2012
Label: self released
Catalog#:
Format: FLAC / Lossless / Log (100%) / Cue
Style: folk,pop

01.Dylan’s Arms
02.Leaving, for the Last Time
03.The Song I Sang Before I Met You
04.Kindness
05.Summer Salt
06.The Fish and the Bird
07.The Doorman
08.Ballad of Honeymouth
09.Gocce
10.Streets of Rome
11.Give Me the Roses Now

In contrast to the immediate hold its predecessor took of my heart, It’s All True is more of a grower. The mellow, country-folk flavor of the opener “Dylan’s Arms” and the claphappy “Leaving, For The Last Time” took a few listens to really sink in. But Sylvie’s elegant voice and delicate melodies elevate even the most simple of tunes to a higher level.

“Dylan’s Arms” in particular gets better each time I hear it. The song is both an ode to Bob Dylan himself and a relishing of the comfort found in any beloved piece of music.

Many of the other songs also take their inspiration from other artists. “Leaving, For The Last Time” was born from Sylvie’s first viewing of William Blake’s drawing “The Reluctant Soul Leaving The Body,” while “Kindness” is about Sylvia Plath’s attempts to protect her children from her own suicide.

“The Song I Sang Before I Met You,” which I shared earlier this month, was co-written by UK electro-pop singer Gary Go.
The bright and lovely “Summer Salt” – named for a student’s playful misspelling of somersault – recalls the lilting dreaminess of Translations.

The sublime “The Fish & The Bird” follows. A jaunty fable of star-crossed love with just the softest, lightest hint of jazz, it is the stand out track on the album. You can watch the video for the song below.

The whimsical NYC interlude “The Doorman” leads into the fantastic “The Ballad of Honeymouth.” The latter tale of a Southern Casanova mingles a genteel, tinkling piano melody with a retro girl pop chorus.

Sylvie’s beautiful cover of the Italian song “Gocce” is perfectly paired with “Streets of Rome,” which features Sondre Lerche.
It’s All True closes with a reworked rendition of the traditional folk song, “Give Me The Roses Now.”

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
158.88 MB
seeders:9
leechers:5
Sylvie Lewis - It's All True [2012][EAC.CUE.LOG,FLAC]