Swami Ram Das (5 books plus extra)

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on December 31, 2012 by Anomolousin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Swami Ram Das (5 books plus extra) (Size: 4.17 MB)
 AtTheFeetOfGod.pdf1011.67 KB
 GlimpsesOfDivineVision.pdf195.14 KB
 In_Quest_of_God.pdf1.33 MB
 lettersOfSwamiRamdasVol1.pdf819.8 KB
 lettersOfSwamiRamdasVol2.pdf679.87 KB
 visionlatest.pdf72.15 KB
 visionprevious.pdf133.91 KB

Description

Swami Ram Das (d.1963) aka Vittal Rao or Kanhangad, Kasaragod District, Kerala, India -- not to be confused with Richard Alpert.

Swami Ram Das was a great modern mystic who realized God through the path of surrender and devotion. He founded Anandashram in Kanhangad (coincidentally, also the original place of Bhagawan Nityananda, -- Nityananda went to the inauguration of Anandashram, and shortly thereafter moved to Ganeshpuri). Anandashram is one of the sweetest places on earth. If you're of a devotional temperment, especially if you are a Hindu, and even more if your ishta is Ram -- then you mustn't miss this place.

As for his books, well, there were only a few available on their website. Swami Ram Das was modern, educated, articulate, and humorous. His writing didn't come across as the usual sort of "swami-talk". My two favorite books of his are the two volumes of his spiritual autobiography: "In Quest of God" and "In the Vision of God". Fortunately, "In Quest of God" is included here. Unfortunately, "In the Vision of God" is possibly the better of the two. I have a number of his books and issues of the Ashram's magazine "The Vision", but I would have to scan them, etc... I offered to the Ashram to do this and to host them on-line -- but they said there were problems with that. They were probably afraid of losing the little bit of income that the books generated. It seems that they don't understand how spreading the message would increase popularity and infuse new life into the Ashram. I deeply believe that the free dissemination of spiritual texts is the right thing to do. At least they share a few things.

If you do go to Anandashram, let me tell you -- they will house you and feed you and welcome you as one of the family -- and they will never ask for one thing from you. That's very impressive in this day and age. (Of course, you should give according to your means -- but whatever you do, they will never stop smiling at you and radiating love towards you.)

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.17 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Swami Ram Das (5 books plus extra)

All Comments

Great package! Thanks so much! Crossing fingers I get a download...
I hope you can get these. I have a bunch more too. PM me if you have trouble, and please be patient.
IF you have trouble, PM me. I've been having a lot of trouble with KAT recently. Sorry.
"If you do go to Anandashram, let me tell you -- they will house you and feed you and welcome you as one of the family -- and they will never ask for one thing from you." = Its like watching Akira Kurosawa "Derszu Uzala" movie..
thanx