Sunn O))) - Monoliths And Dimensions mp3 2009

seeders: 8
leechers: 3
Added on September 21, 2014 by analogkid6103in Music
Torrent verified.

Sunn O))) - Monoliths And Dimensions mp3 2009 (Size: 116.01 MB)
 01-Aghartha.mp338.14 MB
 04-Alice.mp334.74 MB
 03-Hunting & Gathering (Cydonia).mp321.77 MB
 02-Big Church (Megszentsęgtelenşthetetlensęgeskedęseitekęrt).mp321.18 MB
 Cover.jpg186.95 KB

Description

Uploader Speak These guys are unique thus I post,Enjoy and seed if so inclined......
SUNN O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions
2009 Southern Lord sunn100

1. Aghartha 17:34
2. Big Church (Megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért) 09:43
3. Hunting & Gathering (Cydonia) 10:02
4. Alice 16:21
Total playing time 53:40

The album was recorded during 2007 and 2008 with Randall Dunn and features a
host of collaborators, including Eyvind Kang, Oren Ambarchi, Jessika Kenney,
Attila Csihar and Dylan Carlson, among others.

Over the past few years, Greg Anderson and Stephen O'Malley's dense creation has evolved many a time, dabbling in ambient, noise, and even some shoegaze-like elements whilst keeping the central "huge drone" aspect a constant, and now, in 2009, this creation as jumped in a fashion that screams "punctuated equilibrium." Enlisting the help of composer Eyvind Kang, drone guitar masters Oren Ambarchi and Dylan Carlson, vocalist extraordinaire Attila Csihar, along with Stuart Dempster and Jessika Kinney, Sunn O))) has transcended what once was; breaking the shackles of the "noisy drone band" title and creating a masterpiece.

In this album we see a more melodic side to Sunn O))), with large, expansive chords and guitar/bass harmony, low, almost gurgling spoken word, throat singing, and even surprises including a choir, a brass band, and what appears to be a full orchestra. Yes, a full orchestra, but not in the symphonic sense -- instead a texture collective, painting vast, lush scenes and dark, void-filled, cavernous sanctuaries.

The highlight of the album is the 16 and-a-half minute closer, "Alice," featuring all of the above collaborators, sans Attila. This sweeping, expansive piece has to be one of the most impressive, if not THE most impressive pieces of music I have ever heard. Dylan Carlson and Oren Ambarchi semi-battle each other with low bass clicks and sparse guitar lines over slowly pulsating strings and brass instruments, all the while the (now slightly) distorted guitars drone on. I am reminded of ambient and minimalist masters William Basinski and Steve Reich throughout this track.

Overall, this album is amazing; I feel crushed and elated simultaneously. Honestly, if they only released "Alice" as an EP, I would still be more than happy with the release. - Metal Arc Maybe Ill release Alice as a EP Im always looking for Content.....Nah is goes out Now....

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
116.01 MB
seeders:8
leechers:3
Sunn O))) - Monoliths And Dimensions mp3 2009