Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans (2004) [FLAC] [VINYL] [24bit-96KHz]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 28, 2015 by pityrulesin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans (2004) [FLAC] [VINYL] [24bit-96KHz] (Size: 1.11 GB)
 11 seven swans.flac135.01 MB
 10 he woke me up again.flac58.18 MB
 12 the transfiguration.flac113.7 MB
 13 I Went Dancing With My Sister.flac95.56 MB
 Torrent downloaded from demonoid.pw.txt46 bytes
 14 Waste Of What Your Kids Won't Have.flac66.36 MB
 09 a good man is hard to find.flac70.51 MB
 08 we won't need legs to stand.flac47.98 MB
 03 in the devil's territory.flac108.26 MB
 02 the dress looks nice on you.flac52.69 MB
 04 to be alone with you.flac57.43 MB
 05 abraham.flac50.49 MB
 07 size too small.flac63.96 MB
 06 Sister.flac125.85 MB
 01 All the Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands.flac89.59 MB

Description

Artist: Sufjan Stevens
Release: Seven Swans
Discogs: 1284052
Released: 2004 / 2007
Label: Sounds Familyre
Catalog#: SF 013 / SF 18
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
Style: Rock, Folk Rock, Acoustic

Tracklisting:

A1. All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands
A2. The Dress Looks Nice On You
A3. In The Devils Territory
A4. To Be Alone With You
A5. Abraham
A6. Sister
B1. Size Too Small
B2. We Won't Need Legs To Stand
B3. A Good Man Is Hard To Find
B4. He Woke Me Up Again
B5. Seven Swans
B6. The Transfiguration
7"-A. I Went Dancing With My Sister
7"-B. Waste Of What Your Kids Won't Have

Album Review - allmusic
After completing the first installment of his planned series of 50 records -- one album dedicated to each state in the U.S. -- indie folk overachiever Sufjan Stevens returned with Seven Swans, a collection of stripped-down, introspective musings on life, love, and faith that chart the geographic location of the heart and soul. Many of these themes were dealt with eloquently on Greetings from Michigan: The Great Lakes State, presenting the singer/multi-instrumentalist as a first-rate interpreter of the human condition, as well as a gifted musician. The 12 tracks on Swans yield the same bounty, but with a leaner arsenal, due to Stevens' sparse arrangements and production from Danielson Famile mastermind Daniel Smith. Fellow Famile members Elin, Megan, David, and Andrew -- who also appeared on The Great Lakes State -- lend their vocal and percussion talents to the mix, resulting in a surreal campfire environment that's part confessional and part processional. Beginning with the gorgeously titled "All the Trees in the Field Will Clap Their Hands," Stevens saunters out of the gate with nary an overdub to be heard, letting the banjo lead the parade, slowly picking up piano, percussion, and the angelic voices of Megan and Elin before disappearing over the hilltop. He channels Bert Jansch on the love song "The Dress Looks Nice on You" and Eric Matthews on "To Be Alone With You," striking a winning balance of '60s British folk and indie Americana. Like the Violent Femmes' seminal pseudo-Christian masterpiece, Hallowed Ground, Seven Swans treats religion with simplicity and sincerity, approaching the subject with an almost feverish peacefulness. "Abraham," "We Won't Need Legs to Stand," and "He Woke Me Up Again," with its fiery, overdriven organ, are all effective tomes of the singer's faith, but that faith can be tested. Stevens is quite aware of the dark, and no more so than on the Flannery O'Connor-inspired "A Good Man Is Hard to Find," a first-person murder narrative that reveals a subtle current of menace only hinted at in the earlier portion of the record. Like faith, these songs require patience, as their almost mantra-like arcs take their time to fully form. By the time he reaches the spirited closer, "Transfiguration," an affirming take on the Gospels that reaches an almost Polyphonic Spree crescendo, the listener has no choice but to conform -- if only for the length of the record -- to the writer's unabashed spirituality, and at just under 45 minutes, it's an easy choice to make.

Thanks to the original pirate:

Made with:
Rega P5 turntable
Denon DL-160 MC cartridge
Terratec iVinyl preamp
Recorded in Audacity on Mac OS X

Tagged the bonus tracks as 13 and 14.

Audio info from Track 07 as a sample

General
Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size : 64.0 MiB
Duration : 3mn 4s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 907 Kbps
Album : Seven Swans
Track name : Size Too Small
Track name/Position : 07
Performer : Sufjan Stevens
Genre : Rock
Recorded date : 2004

Audio
Format : FLAC
Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration : 3mn 4s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 907 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 96.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Stream size : 64.0 MiB (100%)
Writing library : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypdgAyzHx5Y](YouTube) Sufjan Stevens [Full Official Album] - Seven Swans - IndieMusicAddict[url]

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.11 GB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans (2004) [FLAC] [VINYL] [24bit-96KHz]