Stornoway - Tales From Terra Firma (2013) [FLAC]

seeders: 17
leechers: 6
Added on February 20, 2013 by in Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Stornoway - Tales From Terra Firma (2013) [FLAC] (Size: 257.42 MB)
 09 - November Song.flac17.22 MB
 08 - The Ones We Hurt The Most.flac32.43 MB
 Stornoway - Tales From Terra Firma.cue821 bytes
 Stornoway - Tales From Terra Firma.log10.76 KB
 Stornoway - Tales From Terra Firma.m3u723 bytes
 07 - The Great Procrastinator.flac26.06 MB
 06 - Knock Me On The Head.flac23.68 MB
 02 - Farewell Appalachia.flac31.55 MB
 03 - The Bigger Picture.flac26.42 MB
 04 - (A Belated) Invite To Eternity.flac34.7 MB
 05 - Hook, Line, Sinker.flac32.25 MB
 01 - You Take Me As I Am.flac33.08 MB

Description

Released: 2013
Duration: 43:15
Genre: Pop/Rock
Style: Indie Pop, Folk
Codec: FLAC
Bit Rate: ~ 800 kbps
Bits Per Sample: 16
Sample Rate: 44,100 Hz

01 You Take Me As I Am
02 Farewell Appalachia
03 The Bigger Picture
04 (A Belated) Invite To Eternity
05 Hook, Line, Sinker
06 Knock Me On The Head
07 The Great Procrastinator
08 The Ones We Hurt The Most
09 November Song

The folky indie pop band Stornoway takes its name from a town in ScotlandΓÇÖs Outer Hebrides, but the group hails from Oxford, England. Singer/guitarist Brian Briggs, keyboardist/string player Jonathan Ouin, bassist Ollie Steadman, and drummer Rob Steadman (a pair of brothers from South Africa) formed the band while they were attending Oxford University; the well-studied band includes an ornithologist and a Russian translator among its ranks. The band debuted its jangly, largely acoustic sound -- which has drawn comparisons to James, Belle & Sebastian and XTC -- with a self-titled EP that included the song ΓÇ£Zorbing,ΓÇ¥ which was inspired by and named after the sport of rolling down a hill in a transparent sphere.

Another early single was 2007ΓÇÖs ΓÇ£The Good Fish Guide,ΓÇ¥ a musical list of which fish are plentiful to eat and which are endangered; its profits went to the Marine Conservation Society. Stornoway continued to refine their sound and had a breakthrough 2009: they headlined the BBC Introducing stage at BBC Radio 1ΓÇÖs Big Weekend that May and officially released "Zorbing," which included BriggsΓÇÖ brother Adam on trumpet, as a single that July. That summer, they also played festivals including Glastonbury, and wrote a tour journal for the Daily Telegraph. Their second single, "Unfaithful," which featured violin courtesy of touring member Rahul Satija, arrived that September, a month before StornowayΓÇÖs first headlining tour of the U.K. The band closed out the year by making the longlist for the BBCΓÇÖs Sounds of 2010 poll.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
257.42 MB
seeders:17
leechers:6

All Comments

Great album!!thanx
Wonderful!
Wonderful!