Star Wars I - A Rising Dread (Episode I Re-version)

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on September 15, 2015 by puppetDougin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Star Wars I - A Rising Dread (Episode I Re-version) (Size: 260.84 KB)
 Star Wars I - A Rising Dread.pdf260.84 KB

Description

The original Star Wars trilogy (Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi), like all good stories, contains within it the implication of history. Characters, particularly older ones, speak of the past often, as do actual elders. Regardless of the quality of the prequels Lucas gave us starting in 1999, the continuity does not match. Excuses, re-edits of the original saga, new CG, and retcons had to be made almost immediately and with every subsequent episode in order to make them jibe with the newer films. This, I believe, is backward. New things should be made with care not to contradict what already exists.

I sat down and rewatched the original trilogy, and marked every time someone mentioned the past. As a writer and a geek these were always my favorite parts. I remember how the throwaway mention of The Clone Wars had made me feel. Unless Obi-wan and Yoda are lying, even to one another when they are alone, there was another story--and when I put it all down in a list, I found an accidental outline to a vastly superior, darker, and more grounded story.

...So I wrote it. This is Episode I in what will be a 3 screenplay series, and perhaps an eventual radio drama in the style of the old NPR plays. It is for fans of the original, unaltered Star Wars, and just for fun, not profit. I hope you enjoy it, and constructive criticism is welcome -- but remember it's all for fun.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
260.84 KB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Star Wars I - A Rising Dread (Episode I Re-version)

All Comments