Spiritualized - Songs in A&E 320cbr (Big Papi) British Dream Pop

seeders: 7
leechers: 0
Added on November 1, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Spiritualized - Songs in A&E 320cbr (Big Papi) British Dream Pop (Size: 119.09 MB)
 01 Harmony 1 (Mellotron).mp3973.01 KB
 02 Sweet Talk.mp39.37 MB
 03 Death Take Your Fiddle.mp37.41 MB
 04 I Gotta Fire.mp35.68 MB
 05 Soul On Fire.mp39.49 MB
 06 Harmony 2 (Piano).mp31.65 MB
 07 Sitting On Fire.mp310.64 MB
 08 Yeah Yeah.mp35.68 MB
 09 You Lie You Cheat.mp37.06 MB
 10 Harmony 3 (Voice).mp3739.33 KB
 11 Baby I'm Just a Fool.mp316.33 MB
 12 Don't Hold Me Close.mp37.21 MB
 13 Harmony 4 (The Old Man...).mp33.57 MB
 14 The Waves Crash In.mp39.49 MB
 15 Harmony 5 (Accordion).mp32.46 MB
 16 Borrowed Your Gun.mp38.72 MB
 17 Harmony 6 (Glockenspiel).mp31.98 MB
 18 Goodnight Goodnight.mp310.64 MB
 Big Papi.nfo4.01 KB
 Cover.jpg18.29 KB
 Songs In A&E.cue3.19 KB
 Songs In A&E.log12.05 KB

Description

Source: CD

So much info about how this guy almost died from double pneumonia and emerged more spiritual than ever. Let's be honest. His pneumonia was likely a symptom of the slow suicide he was committing by using drugs while his newfound spirituality is a result of a recovery program that millions before him have done. Glad to see this.....best album ever and proof an artist doesn't have to be drunk or high to create something amazing. - Big Papi

By Peter R
To me, this is the best Spiritualized record since `Ladies and Gentlemen'.

First lyric point: I think this is his most lyrically interesting work. Content wise, JP seems to have wallowed in the self-pity of drug addiction. I found his musical glorification of his wretched state a bit annoying. But maybe as a non-drug user, I just couldn't relate. The lyrics on this record seem to be much more honest. Dwelling on death is probably as much of a rock lyric cliché as the addiction/redemption dichotomy, but I think he explores it with more insight and heart. (As an aside, I've read that most of this record was written prior to his major illness. So I find the fact that he got to this point without the actual brush with death all the more impressive.)

Second lyrical point: JP's penchant for parodying clichés as a basis for lyrics seems to be gone. And I'm glad. Other than `She Kissed Me and It Felt Like a Hit', I found these groan inducing rather than funny or insightful.

Musically: I thought "Let it Come Down" was really overblown and sterile (relative to L&G. It's still sonically a very impressive sound). And I thought "Amazing Grace" was good but a bit too raw and under-produced. But for me, I think this record is the perfect balance of the two sounds. It has great dynamic range in the arrangement and mix/master which is a welcome change these days. The loan acoustic guitar sounds detailed but hushed, and the orchestra sounds massive but with a lot more restraint than LICD.

And I really like the Harmony Interludes and how they help pace out the album.

In summary, I know Jason Pierce hasn't been labouring for the last 10 years trying to make a second great record to please me personally, but I must say, he has succeeded.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
119.09 MB
seeders:7
leechers:0
Spiritualized - Songs in A&E 320cbr (Big Papi) British Dream Pop

All Comments

thanks