Sid Meier's Civilization I + II [MicroProse Software] [Retro] [Dos] [adamantalias]

seeders: 0
leechers: 2
Added on January 17, 2016 by adamantaliasin Games
Torrent verified.

Available in versions:

Sid Meier's Civilization I + II [MicroProse Software] [Retro] [Dos] [adamantalias] (Size: 36.02 MB)
 Civilization - Manual.txt274.47 KB
 DOSBox0.74-win32-installer.exe1.38 MB
 IMPORTANT! - READ FIRST!.txt783 bytes
 arch.pic18.77 KB
 ASOUND.cvl37.03 KB
 BACK0A.pal782 bytes
 BACK0A.pic12.18 KB
 BACK0M.pal782 bytes
 BACK0M.pic11.02 KB
 BACK1A.pal782 bytes
 BACK1A.pic8.6 KB
 BACK1M.pal782 bytes
 BACK1M.pic12.62 KB
 ereg.aps29.72 KB
 Ereg2_32.dll170 KB
 EREGLB32.dll56.5 KB
 EREGREG2.ini246 bytes
 reg.inf34 bytes
 Reg2_32.exe70.5 KB
 VB40032.dll704.27 KB
 wexy43zz.llk32 bytes
 AIRCOMBT.wav204.32 KB
 AQUEDUCT.wav124.6 KB
 barracks.wav84.89 KB
 BIGGUN.wav43.3 KB
 BLDCITY.wav112.67 KB
 BLDSPCSH.wav79.28 KB
 BOATSINK.wav175.49 KB
 CATAPULT.wav62.82 KB
 CATHEDRL.wav127.41 KB
 cavalry.wav128.51 KB
 VFWFIX.reg996 bytes
 CV.dll4.75 MB
 !!-README-!!.txt2.99 KB
 Ab_Auto.sav133.18 KB
 advice.txt5.66 KB
 alexandr.txt791 bytes
 Cities.gif45.36 KB
 CITY.gif64.6 KB
 CITY.txt6.63 KB
 CiV2.dat516 bytes
 CiV2.exe2.37 MB

Description

Sid Meier's Civilization is a turn-based "4X"-type strategy video game created by Sid Meier and Bruce Shelley for MicroProse in 1991.[3][4] The game's objective is to "Build an empire to stand the test of time": it begins in 4000 BC and the players attempt to expand and develop their empires through the ages from the ancient era until modern and near-future times. It is also known simply as Civilization, Civilization I, or abbreviated to Civ or Civ I.

Sid Meier's Civilization II is a turn-based strategy video game developed and published by MicroProse. It was first released in 1996 for the PC and later ported to the Sony PlayStation. In 2002, Atari (MicroProse's owner at the time) re-released the game for newer operating systems, such as Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Civilization II is similar to the first Civilization, with some changes to the various units, civilizations, world wonders, tile "specials" and technologies. The graphics were changed from a top-down view to an isometric representation. Rivers no longer occupy the whole of each tile along their length; instead, they are part of each topography square through which they flow, adding productive value, defensive bonuses and movement ability. The AI was improved as well, including the elimination of most random events by now making the computer player go through the same production requirements as the human player.

The game features entirely new concepts, such as firepower and hit points, and changes to some units' abilities and strengths. For instance, engineers and settlers can be automated to improve surrounding areas, but do not ignore enemy zones of control. Some new units are added such as stealth aircraft.

The player has the ability to consult the 'High Council' for advice (as long as the player still has the CD in the drive). The council consists of film clips of actors portraying advisors in the areas of the military (a brawny man, often drunk, angry or both; he becomes a stereotypical American general when Modern Age is reached), economics (a smooth-talking merchant, later a snooty and suave businessman), diplomacy (in the Modern Age, a saucy femme fatale with a vaguely Eastern European accent), technological progress (a nerdy scientist), and the people's happiness (an Elvis Presley caricature, wearing sunglasses even in the Ancient period). They often argue with and insult one another, as each advisor's department demands a different set of priorities. The counselors' costumes change with each new era. In many ways, the 'High Council' constitutes a bit of comic relief, especially from the expansionist military adviser, who will insist on more troops even when the player has 60 battleships, or during the Medieval Period will sing the last refrain from the 18th Century English traditional song "Down Among the Dead Men", punctuated with a hearty "No complaints, sire!". When the player is experiencing anarchy, the characters begin talking and shouting unintelligibly at the same time, interrupting each other, and finally beginning to fight, with all counselor windows shutting down and turning into the "Ⓐ" symbol of Anarchy.

There are two paths to victory (and bonus points to the score) in this game: to be the last civilization remaining or to build a spaceship and reach Alpha Centauri before any of the other civilizations. The space race can be much more difficult because there are a limited number of turns in the game, which ends in the year 2020. If the spaceship does not reach Alpha Centauri by then, the game will simply end with the current score. The player can continue playing after all civilizations have been conquered, the spaceship has reached its destination, or the year 2020, but there will no longer be any scoring. The sooner a player conquers every other civilization, or the space ship arrives, the higher the player's score will be. This allows a player to play the game endlessly.[1]

The scoring system measures the player's performance in the end of each game. Population is a major influence on scoring as each happy citizen contributes two points, each content citizen contributes one point, and each unhappy citizen contributes zero points. This means that higher population yields better scores. Players may increase the luxury rate to the maximum (depending upon their government type) right before the very end of the game in order to increase happiness, maximizing their scores. Additionally, each wonder of the world owned by the player will also add 20 points to their score. Each square with pollution deducts ten points. The length of time there has been peace (no armed conflict or war) up to the end of the game also adds three points per turn, up to a maximum of 100 points, and if the player won using a spaceship, additional points are rewarded, based on the number of people who reached Alpha Centauri alive. The final score will also give a civilization percentage, based on the difficulty level the game was played at (chosen at the very beginning of the game). The higher this percentage is, the better. Finally, a title will be given to the player. Particularly good ones include "Lion-Hearted", "the Great" with the greatest obtainable title being "The Magnificent".

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
36.02 MB
seeders:0
leechers:2
Sid Meier's Civilization I + II [MicroProse Software] [Retro] [Dos] [adamantalias]

Trailer

Screenshots

Sid Meier's Civilization I + II [MicroProse Software] [Retro] [Dos] [adamantalias] screenshot
Sid Meier's Civilization I + II [MicroProse Software] [Retro] [Dos] [adamantalias] screenshot

All Comments

All the old classics...Keep em coming they are great!