Show Me How - 500 Things you should know - pdf [a0b10c110]

seeders: 25
leechers: 9
Added on June 15, 2015 by a0b10c110in Books > Textbooks
Torrent verified.

Show Me How - 500 Things you should know - pdf [a0b10c110] (Size: 25.72 MB)
 Show Me How.pdf25.7 MB
 Show Me How - 500 Things you should know - cover.jpg13.58 KB
 Show Me How - 500 Things you should know - info.txt3.74 KB

Description

Show Me How: 500 Things You Should Know - Instructions for Life from the Everyday to the Exotic

Show Me How is a revolutionary reimagining of the reference genre, one part how-to guide, one part graphic art showpiece, and one part pure inspiration. In a series of 500 nearly wordless, highly informative step-by-step procedurals, readers learn how to do hundreds of useful (and fascinating and important and sometimes downright bizarre) tasks, including: Perform CPR, dance the tango, pack a suitcase, win a bar bet, play the blues, make authentic sushi rolls, fight a shark . . . and 493 more essentials of modern life. Packed with useful hands-on reference material, Show Me How is a work of art that just happens to also be an indispensable real-life resource.

Product Details

Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061662577
ISBN-13: 978-0061662577

About the Author

Lauren Smith and Derek Fagerstrom are California-based editors, writers, designers, shop owners, and lovers of the unusual, the eclectic and, especially, the hand-crafted. They currently run The Curiosity Shoppe in San Francisco's Mission District, selling (and falling in love with) everything from a make-it-yourself ukulele to a DIY bird-watching kit.
Lauren Smith and Derek Fagerstrom are San Francisco based editors, writers, designers, shop owners, and lovers of the unusual, the eclectic and, especially, the hand-crafted. They currently run The Curiosity Shoppe in San Francisco's Mission District, selling (and falling in love with) everything from a make-it-yourself ukulele to a DIY bird-watching kit. They haven't yet found a subject they aren't interested in, making them the perfect partners for the Show Me How book and series. Prior to opening the Shoppe, Lauren and Derek lived busy, creative lives in New York where, among other things, they started what they called the Curiosity Guild-a group of friends who gathered regularly to teach each other how to do cool, quirky, or downright useful things.

Reviews

Like many people of the so-called internet generation, I have a pretty short attention span. This is fine when I have hundreds of cable channels to choose from, and thousands of MP3s to shuffle through on my iPod. But it's really done a number on my ability to learn useful skills. That kind of thing usually requires putting in some serious time. But with this book, I can learn anything from how to install a dimmer switch to how to exfoliate properly, usually in just a few simple steps. Sure, a little more depth could be useful in some of these how-tos, and sometimes the instructions are a little obvious (if humorous), but overall the concept works pretty well. The awesome illustrations keep things from getting too dry; it's an attractive, entertaining package that makes you actually want to try to do some of this stuff. Especially "intrigue with a game of footsie." Now there's something I can commit to.

I was walking around my local (big box) bookstore and I asked a salesperson about what I should get for my 15 year old nephew. She did not hesitate at all and walked me over to her "new favorite book." She explained that once this book arrived the employees immediately stole a copy for the break room. I flipped through it and bought myself two copies, one for him and one for my coffee table. Flipping through this book there seemed to be a tip for everything. And, in four days I have already used it twice. Once to finally learn to hem a pair of jeans, and after seeing how easy there tip on dissecting a pomegranate looked I went out and got one... incredible! This book is full of great step by step instructions from the usefully to the absurd.

You will never find another book like this one. It will be the perfect gift for anyone! I am giving a copy to everyone on my holiday list!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
25.72 MB
seeders:25
leechers:9
Show Me How - 500 Things you should know - pdf [a0b10c110]

All Comments

THANKS MATE :) ...... NICE TRY