Shadow Warriors: A History of the US Army Rangers [pdf]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 27, 2016 by marty14in Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Shadow Warriors: A History of the US Army Rangers [pdf] (Size: 6.8 MB)
 Shadow Warriors, A History of the US Army Rangers.pdf6.8 MB

Description

No American military unit can claim as colorful and volatile a history as the 75th Ranger Regiment. From the French and Indian War of the 18th century when its guiding principles were first written down by Robert Rogers, to the most recent combat operations in Iraq, Rangers have led the way in America's wars for well over 300 years. Today's Army Rangers combine the rugged individualism of American frontiersmen with the finely-honed ability to operate as a close-knit team, wreaking havoc amongst enemy forces wherever they are deployed. This book portrays some of the most fearsome warriors of the most powerful army in the world.

The book has three parts: The Rise of the Rangers - Their origins through Vietnam; America's Small Wars - The modern Rangers in Iran, Grenada, Panama, Iraq and Somalia; The Global War on Terrorism - Afghanistan and Iraq. The post-Vietnam era occupies 75% of the narrative, which contains many dramatic first hand accounts of combat with fascinating supporting detail on doctrine, training, tactics and equipment. Appendices supply further information on regimental lineage, honors and citations, organization and equipment, medals awarded, regimental commanders, NCO roles and Ranger doctrine.

From the Ranger Creed
Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other Soldier.... Never shall I fail my comrades. I will keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight; I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one hundred percent, and then some more.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
6.8 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Shadow Warriors: A History of the US Army Rangers [pdf]