[Scott_Spencer]ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy(pdf){Zzzzz}

seeders: 16
leechers: 1
Added on October 24, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Scott_Spencer]ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy(pdf){Zzzzz} (Size: 12.72 MB)
 [Scott_Spencer]ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy(pdf){Zzzzz}.pdf12.67 MB
 Cover.jpg43.32 KB

Description

Taking into account that many of today′s digital artists –– particularly 3D character animators –– lack foundational artistic instruction, this book teaches anatomy in a coherent and succinct style. A clear writing style explains how to sculpt an accurate human figure, starting with the skeleton and working out to muscle, fat, and skin. Insightful explanations enable you to quickly and easily create and design characters that can be used in film, game, or print, and allows you to gain a strong understanding of the foundational artistic concepts.

From the Back Cover
Create memorable human figures for movies and games To create compelling characters, you need to make them realistic, and ZBrush by itself can take you only so far. You also need solid artistic skills. This full–color, illustrated guide teaches you the basics of human anatomy, so you can create captivating human figures that really come to life on screen. Using ZBrush 3.5 tools, you′ll sculpt a heroic male figure, learning each body part as you go, including head, neck, torso, arms, legs, bones, and muscle. This book emphasizes concepts that have guided artists for centuries, such as gesture, form, and proportion, helping you develop foundational skills you can draw upon throughout your career. Transform your animation into professional–level artistry with this must–have guide. Understand the basic tenets of form, proportion, gesture, and rhythm Master basic anatomical terms for skeletal regions and muscle groups Break down the regions of the body into simple geometric shapes Begin roughing in your figure with Claytubes and other tools Create the impression of flesh over underlying muscle and bone Learn ZBrush remeshing and color–mapping techniques Flesh out your figure with fine detail and costuming Repurpose your figure for film, video games, Web, or digital output Build skills you can also apply to Maya®, 3ds Max, Blender, and Photoshop VALUABLE COMPANION DVD Enhance your learning with video instruction that walks you through the projects in the book. You′ll also find anatomy models to use for practice. Use ZBrush tools to perfect the fine detail of muscle construction Sculpt different kinds of fabric to clad a heroic character Lay the groundwork for believable facial expression with a solid foundation
About the Author
Scott Spencer is a freelance character designer and sculptor currently working at the Weta Workshop in Wellington, New Zealand. Scott has worked on titles such as Iron Man, Golden Axe, Species 3, and others. His work can be seen in film, video games, and a variety of collectible figures.

Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; Pap/DVD edition (12 January 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0470450266
ISBN-13: 978-0470450260

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

Good book but do not order Kindle edition! 13 January 2013
By Ted -
P
This book appears to be excellent. However I realized as soon as I opened it that I made a serious mistake ordering the Kindle edition. The book is quite dependent on the CD that comes with the paper edition, and there is no web site to separately download the CD files. Thus you pay almost as much as the hard copy and lose much of the functionality.

a must have 28 January 2010
By Isdom24 -

This book is an excellent follow up to all previous zbrush books. Why?, two reasons...One, it refers to zbrush version 3.5 which has some major changes from previous zbrush versions. But the greatest joy is in following the tutorial of a "realistic hero" character. My lady friend always asks me about all other zbrush books..."why do all the characters look ugly?" the answer is simple. It's far easier to create an alien or an ogre. But now Scott Spencer enables us non academically educated artists to create a somewhat life-like character. This is no easy task, but Mr. Spencer enables even a non artist like myself to do so. I no longer have to create aliens and ogres and can actually create a character that is aesthetic to the layperson's eye! BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF ZBRUSH IS A MUST! So keep that in mind. But once you understand the zbrush interface and you are comfortable with the basic standard, clay, inflate, and flatten brushes, you will love this book. Hopefully, the next version will be of a "life-like" female superhero.

THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE along with "The Essential" by an author who now advocates mudbox. ZSpheres have come a long way with v.3.5 zspheres2 so he might regret leaving zbrush. BTW...There is no info on zsketching in this new Scott Spencer book, but nevertheless, your skills will grow leaps and bounds as an artist (digital sculpturist) as he does a great job explaining gesture and form as well as detail.

Expertly written and invaluably useful 30 July 2012
By Damian Huntley -

I'm new to zbrush and indeed any 3d application, so suffice to say, I really needed a resource that would hold my hand through the process of getting to grips with zbrush. Scott Spencer doesn't assume you know everything and he also assumes that people will jump in to random chapters and expect to understand how the software works. Thanks to Scott's careful handling, even if you do jump in too deep you will soon find yourself on firm ground as Scott reiterates keystrokes and mouse clicks needed to perform exercises. Two notes of caution: firstly, the book is based on a previous release of zbrush so users of zbrush 4r3 or later would be WELL advised to couple this book with Zbrush character creation 2nd edition also by Scott Spencer. Secondly, zbrush is addictave; don't buy any books on zbrush unless you are prepaired to cease functioning as a normal human. I would also highly reccomend Introducing zbrush 4. If you buy the ebook, zsupporting Dvd can be downloaded from booksupport.Wiley.com. thankyou for a hugely enjoyable learning experience.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
12.72 MB
seeders:16
leechers:1
[Scott_Spencer]ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy(pdf){Zzzzz}