Sara K. - 2009 - Made In The Shade (SACD) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit]

seeders: 14
leechers: 3
Added on June 22, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

• Artist: Sara K.
  • Format: flac - lossless

Sara K. - 2009 - Made In The Shade (SACD) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit] (Size: 892.09 MB)
 01. What's A Little More Rain.flac83.04 MB
 02. After Thereґs A Blizzard.flac82.53 MB
 03. Aura Of The Blade.flac66.26 MB
 04. Gypsy Eyes.flac69.31 MB
 05. Your Name.flac60.09 MB
 06. Watching You Fall Into Sleep.flac63.03 MB
 07. Manchild.flac71.12 MB
 08. Made In The Shade.flac73.34 MB
 09. Sizzling.flac62.83 MB
 10. Donґt I Know You From Somewhere.flac95.34 MB
 11. When I Didnґt Care.flac79.58 MB
 12. There It Is.flac84.59 MB
 Sara K. - 2009 - Made In The Shade (SACD) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit].txt10.12 KB
 foo_dr.txt1.49 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.html187 KB
 Lossless Audio Checker.log1.94 KB
 Back.jpg141.51 KB
 CD.jpg231.66 KB
 Front.jpg472.21 KB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Sara K. - 2009 - Made In The Shade

(SACD) [FLAC@88.2khz24bit]

Sara K.

Wikipedia:
Sara K. (full name Sara Katherine Wooldridge) is an American singer-songwriter based in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her music includes genres like blues, folk as well as jazz. She has released audiophile albums and used to play a custom 4-string acoustic (bass) guitar. She withdrew from music business in 2009. Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, she grew up in a family surrounded by music: her mother sang in a church choir, her father in a barbershop quartet, her brother played in a band, and her sister also played the guitar. However, her family considered music a hobby, not a job option.
In the early 1970s, at the age of 15, she started playing the guitar, using one her sister had left behind. She took this flamenco guitar, took off the remaining regular strings, and put four bass strings on instead (tuned to an open A). This gave it a fuller tone than a conventional acoustic guitar while not sounding as deep as a bass. She used this tuning from then on, making it one of her trademarks.
After moving to Santa Fe, she teamed up with several musicians and put out her debut album, Gypsy Alley (1989) with Mesa/Bluemoon. Many of its songs' topics come from the almost fifteen years she had lived a somewhat nomadic lifestyle, moving around a lot. These years had ended when she rented a place on that very same Gypsy Alley (off Canyon Road, Santa Fe), won a goldfish on a country fair, and got her dog Bebe (who himself is mentioned numerous times in her songs). "Furthermore, Sara K. comes across as authentic, she "has lived these stories, is right in the middle of them and relates them from the heart—warm, personal and moving." The album won her immediately the New Mexico Music Industry Coalition's "Best Album Award".
One of the musicians she worked with on Gypsy Alley was guitarist Bruce Dunlap, who was also signed to New York-based Chesky Records, a record label aimed mainly at audiophiles. He helped to bring her to the label and she remained signed to Chesky for more than ten years, up to 2001. For Sara K. herself, this opened up a whole new era marked by contrasts—between her southwestern homebase Santa Fe and Chesky's hectic New York, between the familiar analogue recording equipment and the new digital/audiophile one, and between the dream of fame and wealth and the realities of the record industry.
With the release of her 2009 album, she announced her withdrawal from music business. In a note to her fans on her label's website, she stated:

After many years on the road and writing music, I've decided to stop touring and recording. It's hard to explain why but I hope you will understand. I had a good run but I think it's over. It's just too much for too little these days. Made in the Shade explains it as best as I know how.
— Sara K., 2009

Made In The Shade (SACD)

Artist: Sara K.
Title: Made In The Shade
Format: SACD, Hybrid, Stereo, Album
Producer: Günter Pauler
Release Date: January 30, 2009
Label: Stockfisch Records
Catalog: SFR 357.4052.2
Barcode: 4013357405226
ASIN: B001J16NNM
Genre: Blues, Contemporary Blues, Folk
Duration: 48:24

cdbaby.com:
It's so refreshing to hear an album that immediately captures one's ears and imagination - a deft combination of latter day Joni Mitchell-esque songwriting and the plushest, loveliest mix you can imagine. Probably better than you can imagine, as it's a Super Audio CD. Acoustic guitar, fretless bass, a few unexpected chamber instruments, and several layers of her own voice provide a warm, rich bed of expressive chords and counter-melody for Sara's poetically introspective lyrics.

Stockfisch Records:
This release is intimate folk/blues, featuring concert harp and Sara's velvet vocals. Along with some new songs, there are remakes from earlier recordings. Sara lovingly and soulfully takes you to her desert Southwest once again. This last CD is surely one of her best, maybe it is THE best. The album's 12 tracks are a delightful mix of folk, jazz and blues, with one song especially outstanding in its beauty, 'Made in the Shade', devoted to Sara K.'s fellow artist and kindred spirit, Chris Jones, who died in 2005."
This SACD contains a CD-Hybrid layer and DSD stereo sound.

01 - What's A Little More Rain - 4:25
02 - After There's A Blizzard - 4:27
03 - Aura Of The Blade - 3:36
04 - Gypsy Eyes - 3:44
05 - Your Name - 3:14
06 - Watching You Fall Into Sleep - 3:29
07 - Manchild - 3:55
08 - Made In The Shade - 3:56
09 - Sizzlin' - 3:21
10 - Don't I Know You From Somewhere - 5:21
11 - When I Didn't Care - 4:15
12 - here It Is - 4:36