Ryrie Brink, Carol-Caddie Woodlawn(Caddie Woodlawn #1) - epub - zeke23

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on May 29, 2015 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Ryrie Brink, Carol-Caddie Woodlawn(Caddie Woodlawn #1) - epub - zeke23 (Size: 8.07 MB)
 Ryrie Brink, Carol-Caddie Woodlawn.epub8.07 MB

Description

Caddie Woodlawn (Caddie Woodlawn #1)
by Carol Ryrie Brink
3.98 of 5 stars
3.98 · rating details · 31,496 ratings · 923 reviews 23
Caddie Woodlawn is a real adventurer. She'd rather hunt than sew and plow than bake, and tries to beat her brother's dares every chance she gets. Caddie is friends with Indians, who scare most of the neighbors -- neighbors who, like her mother and sisters, don't understand her at all.

Caddie is brave, and her story is special because it's based on the life and memories of Carol Ryrie Brink's grandmother, the real Caddie Woodlawn. Her spirit and sense of fun have made this book a classic that readers have taken to their hearts for more than seventy years.

Mrs. Klatt, my 5th grade teacher, read this book to us and then we went to visit where Caddie lived (about 30 miles south of where I grew up). I loved the Little House books, but to me, I WAS Caddie. She was a bit older and more aware of what was happening around her. If you want to read about a pioneer gal who lived in western Wisconsin and was as fiesty as her red hair, read this book. You can go see and walk through Caddie's house. It's a rest area south of Downsville, Wisconsin. I try and get there every couple of years and swing through the logging museum in Downsville. Caddie was a real person (story was written by her granddaughter), and there was definitely a part of her still alive in a redheaded girl who lived on the other side of the county in the 1980s.

Born Caroline Ryrie, American author of over 30 juvenile and adult books. Her novel Caddie Woodlawn won the 1936 Newbery Medal.

Brink was orphaned by age 8 and raised by her maternal grandmother, the model for Caddie Woodlawn. She started writing for her school newspapers and continued that in college. She attended the University of Idaho for three years before transferring to the University of California in 1917, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 1918, the same year she married.

Anything Can Happen on the River, Brink's first novel, was published in 1934. She was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Letters from the University of Idaho in 1965. Brink Hall, which houses the UI English Department and faculty offices, is named in her honor. The children's section of the Moscow, ID Carnegie public library is also named after her.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
8.07 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Ryrie Brink, Carol-Caddie Woodlawn(Caddie Woodlawn #1) - epub - zeke23