Robert Roth - Sand in the Wind (epub) - zeke23

seeders: 17
leechers: 2
Added on November 1, 2014 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Robert Roth - Sand in the Wind (epub) - zeke23 (Size: 526.06 KB)
 Robert Roth - Sand in the Wind (epub).epub526.06 KB

Description

Sand in the wind
by Robert Roth
4.61 of 5 stars 4.61 · rating details · 46 ratings · 6 reviews
Fiction

Vincent O'Neil
Apr 06, 2014 Vincent O'Neil rated it 5 of 5 stars
Sand in the Wind rates right up there with the best of the Vietnam war novels, books like Fields of Fire and The 13th Valley. The viewpoint shifts around, but it's mostly through the eyes of a Marine platoon's new lieutenant and a new enlisted man who arrive at the same time. Riveting descriptions and marvelous dialogue, with a sequence involving a "phantom" that is tailing the platoon in the bush that reads almost like a ghost story.

Barry
Dec 09, 2013 Barry rated it 5 of 5 stars
This gritty war novel will roil your soul with its alternately bleak and darkly humorous realism. Heavily suffused with badass man-musk, opium-laced thai stick and Euro-style existentialism. Apparently this was Roth's first and last stab at literary fiction and it's safe to say he carries it off.

R.E. Long
Oct 12, 2011 R.E. Long rated it 5 of 5 stars
No punches pulled in this story. It places you in the boots of the characters, and refuses to let you go. No romancing of the tide of war here. An in your face story of the realities of combat. Very much enjoyed it.

Robert Roth (born 1950), was an active member in the anti-war, anti-racism and anti-imperialism movements of the 1960s and 70s, and key member of the Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) political movement in the Columbia University Chapter in New York, where he eventually presided. Later, as a member of the Weatherman/Weather Underground Organization he used militant tactics to oppose the Vietnam War and racism. After the war ended, Roth surfaced from his underground status and has been involved in a variety of social causes to this day.

Joey
Oct 24, 2008 Joey rated it 5 of 5 stars
i read this book when i was in 8th grade. i loved it then and it's even better now that i read it 20 years later.

if you like films like "full metal jacket", "platoon" or "hamburgerhill", you will dig this. a fictional account of a 19 year old's year in vietnam. those mentioned films all seem to draw from this novel, with some very blatant rip offs even.

Selena
Jul 02, 2007 Selena marked it as to-read
This book has come to me highly recommended. According to the book jacket:
"A veteran of combat himself, Robet Roth leads the reader through thirteen months in the life of a Marine squad in Vietnam in 1967-1968....Sand in the Wind focuses on two intelligent young men, civilians turned fighting men, who have enlisted for reasons satisfactory to themselves. Lieutenant David Kramer and Corporal Mark Chalice....Sand in the Wind gives an unforgettable voice to the men who fought and suffered in the Vietnam War."

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
526.06 KB
seeders:17
leechers:2
Robert Roth - Sand in the Wind (epub) - zeke23