Robert Palmer - Addictions Volume 2 320cbr (Big Papi) 1992 Remix Remade Revoiced Compilation

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on September 25, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Robert Palmer - Addictions Volume 2 320cbr (Big Papi) 1992 Remix Remade Revoiced Compilation (Size: 137.87 MB)
 01 Robert Palmer - Remember To Remember.mp39.62 MB
 02 Robert Palmer - Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley.mp310.86 MB
 03 Robert Palmer - Maybe It's You.mp39.34 MB
 04 Robert Palmer - You Are In My System.mp311.46 MB
 05 Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On.mp38.26 MB
 06 Robert Palmer - Can We Still Be Friends.mp38.4 MB
 07 Robert Palmer - Man Smart, Woman Smarter.mp36.94 MB
 08 Robert Palmer - Too Good To Be True.mp36.73 MB
 09 Robert Palmer - Every Kinda People.mp38.69 MB
 10 Robert Palmer - She Makes My Day.mp39.98 MB
 11 Robert Palmer - Best Of Both Worlds.mp39.56 MB
 12 Robert Palmer - Give Me An Inch.mp36.93 MB
 13 Robert Palmer - You're Gonna Get What's Coming.mp39.09 MB
 14 Robert Palmer - I Dream Of Wires.mp310.44 MB
 15 Robert Palmer - The Silver Gun.mp311.48 MB
 Addictions Volume 2.cue2.03 KB
 Addictions Volume 2.log10.13 KB
 Big Papi.nfo4.59 KB
 Cover.jpg75.44 KB

Description

Source: 1992 CD

By James E. Bagley
When Robert Palmer's first "Addictions" volume came out in 1989, it included most of his biggest hits such as "Addicted To Love," "Bad Case Of Loving You," and "Simply Irresistible." This 1992 follow-up concentrates on his lesser hits and favorite album tracks and makes for a far more interesting collection.

"I Didn't Mean To Turn You On" was the one big hit not found on the first volume and is included here in its original form. The majority of the rest of the tracks, however, have been remixed, revoiced, or flat out remade. "Every Kinda People" appears on both volumes. Here it has been remixed to emphasize the acoustic guitar. It is nice, but so was the original, so there really wasn't much need for its reworking.

"Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley" has had the overdubs removed so that it is just Palmer and the Meters jammin' and the end result is a far more potent sound. "Man Smart, Woman Smarter" also eliminates the overdubs. Its raunchier sound helps it prevail over the silly lyrics. The Todd Rundgren ballad "Can We Still Be Friends" has been remixed, with added overdubs, which results in a suitably more polished recording.

Palmer's liner notes on each track contribute to the collection enormously, as he explains why he felt these tracks needed to be reworked and how he went about "improving" on the original versions. On "You Are In My System," for instance, Palmer relates that he was rushed to put down his vocal on the initial release. Now, it has been revoiced and does indeed benefit from a stronger vocal performance.

Additions 2 concludes with two songs which weren't reworked and are the weakest tracks on the collections. Gary Numan's "I Dream Of Wires" is monotonous and morose, while "The Silver Gun," sung by Palmer in Urdu, is just plain weird. These two selections reflect Palmer's often esoteric musical tastes.

Robert Palmer - Addictions Volume 2

Track listing

1. "Remember To Remember" (Remake)
2. "Sneakin' Sally Thru the Alley" (Remixed)
3. "Maybe It's You" (Remixed)
4. "You Are In My System" (Revoiced)
5. "Didn't Mean To Turn You On" (Original)
6. "Can We Still Be Friends" (Remixed)
7. "Man Smart, Woman Smarter" (Remixed)
8. "Too Good To Be True" (Remixed)
9. "Every Kinda People" (Remixed)
10. "She Makes My Day" (Original)
11. "Best of Both Worlds" (Remixed)
12. "Give Me An Inch" (Remixed)
13. "You're Gonna Get What's Coming" (Remixed)
14. "I Dream Of Wires" (Original)
15. "The Silver Gun" (Original)

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
137.87 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Robert Palmer - Addictions Volume 2 320cbr (Big Papi) 1992 Remix Remade Revoiced Compilation