Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

seeders: 4
leechers: 3
Added on August 15, 2012 by biggiedee23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch (Size: 4.03 MB)
 Rivers of London - Aaronovitch, Ben.pdf2.32 MB
 Rivers of London - Aaronovitch, Ben.mobi656.8 KB
 Rivers of London - Aaronovitch, Ben.569.92 KB
 Rivers of London - Aaronovitch, Ben.epub411.63 KB
 Cover.jpg117.47 KB
 metadata.opf2.53 KB

Description

Product Description
My name is Peter Grant and until January I was just probationary constable in that mighty army for justice known to all right-thinking people as the Metropolitan Police Service (as the Filth to everybody else). My only concerns in life were how to avoid a transfer to the Case Progression Unit - we do paperwork so real coppers don't have to - and finding a way to climb into the panties of the outrageously perky WPC Leslie May. Then one night, in pursuance of a murder inquiry, I tried to take a witness statement from someone who was dead but disturbingly voluable, and that brought me to the attention of Inspector Nightingale, the last wizard in England.
Now I'm a Detective Constable and a trainee wizard, the first apprentice in fifty years, and my world has become somewhat more complicated: nests of vampires in Purley, negotiating a truce between the warring god and goddess of the Thames, and digging up graves in Covent Garden... and there's something festering at the heart of the city I love, a malicious vengeful spirit that takes ordinary Londoners and twists them into grotesque mannequins to act out its drama of violence and despair.
The spirit of riot and rebellion has awakened in the city, and it's falling to me to bring order out of chaos - or die trying.
From the Back Cover
My name is Peter Grant, and I used to be a probationary constable in that mighty army for justice known to all right-thinking people as the Metropolitan Police Service, and to everyone else as the Filth. Then one night I tried to take a witness statement from a man who was already dead but still disturbingly voluble . . . and that brought me to the attention of Inspector Nightingale, the last wizard in England.

And that, as they say, is where the story really starts.

There's something festering at the heart of the city I love, a malicious, vengeful spirit that's taking ordinary Londoners and twisting them into something awful.

The spirit of riot and rebellion has awakened in the city, and it's falling to me to bring order out of chaos - or die trying.

'Fresh and original and a wonderful read. I loved it' Charlaine Harris, Sunday Times Number One bestselling author

'A consummate story of real policing in a vividly real world. Filled with detail and imagination, the quality of this achievement stands out, making Aaronovitch a name to watch' Peter F. Hamilton, Sunday Times bestselling author

www.the-folly.com

www.gollancz.co.uk

About the Author
Ben Aaronovitch was born and raised in London and all his work has reflected his abiding fascination and love for what he modestly likes to refer to as the ¿Capital of the World¿. He works as a bookseller when he is not writing tie-in novels and TV scripts.

Format: epub, pdf & mobi

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.03 MB
seeders:4
leechers:3
Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch

All Comments

Good quality upload thanks for sharing