Repossessed 1990 DVDRip XviD WhaleD (Leslie Nielson Exorcist spoof)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on June 11, 2007 by in Movies
Torrent verified.

Repossessed 1990 DVDRip XviD WhaleD (Leslie Nielson Exorcist spoof) (Size: 699.82 MB)
 Repossessed.1990.DVDRip.XviD.WhaleD.avi699.82 MB

Description

Repossessed (1990)

Director: Bob Logan

Starring: Linda Blair, Ned Beatty, Leslie Nielson, Anthony Starke

A REAL crapfest. Repossessed is re-tarded. Worth watching for Linda Blair returning to her role from The Exorcist as a married woman with kids. I think this is mercifully out-of print in the US. From the PAL DVD. Enjoy! (Had this ripped for several months, but couldn't bring myself to upload it - until now!)

Story

In 1973 Father Jedidiah Mayii exorcises a demon that has possessed young Nancy Aglet. In the present day Nancy is married with two children when she suddenly becomes possessed again. Mayii has lost his faith and has a weak heart so the exorcism is handed over to TV evangelists Ernest and Fanny Weller. But the demon turns the Wellers into pantomine jackasses,having only used them to get the largest tv audience in the world. Mayii must overcome his lack of faith in order to complete the exorcism.

Review

"I just knew that if enough critics opened their review of Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977) by saying "Linda Blair must have forgotten to pay her exorcist’s bill, ‘cause she’s been repossessed", then something like this would happen. Really, this is a terrible film, but I kind of like it anyway. It’s stupid. It’s puerile. It sags horribly in the middle (you’d be safe in going out to make yourself a cuppa during the gym sequence). It has a few too many PMS and puke jokes (you were expecting maybe subtlety?). But Leslie Nielsen can always make me laugh, even if his "Irish" accent ends up being pretty multicultural, and Ned Beatty and Linda Schwab give us a pretty good impression of Jim and Tammy Bakker (Schwab in particular is spot-on). Besides, Linda Blair (here called Nancy instead of Regan) is so obviously enjoying herself that you kind of have to sympathise. These films always have some poor schmuck who has to play straight man, and here Anthony Starke draws the short straw as Father Luke, who preaches at the Our Lady Of The Evening church, and whose sermons resemble those of the boring prophet in The Life Of Brian (1979). The film does have its incidental pleasures, including the schedule board of the TV network, which broadcasts "The New Gentle Ben" and "The New Green Acres", among others. Some of the one-liners work, there’s a nasty Ted Kennedy joke, the use of Evian instead of holy water (the church was closed, but not the 7-11), and the whole thing finishes up with a string of Leslie Nielsen visual jokes. My favourite is Nielsen as Rambo, but the show-stopper [sic] is a musical exorcism number in which he appears as Billy Idol, Robert Palmer, Elton John and Michael Jackson. That it is ultimately Michael Jackson who succeeds in casting out the devil is something you might like to ponder. Then again, maybe not.: - And You Call Yourself a Scientist!

--- File Information ---

File Name: Repossessed.1990.DVDRip.XviD.WhaleD.avi

File Size: 733,816,832 bytes

--- Video Information ---

Video Codec Name: XviD 1.1.0 Final

Duration: 1:20:44

Video Bitrate: 1077kb/s

Bits / Pixel: 0.211

Resolution: 608x336

Aspect Ratio: 1.810

Frames Per Second: 25.000

--- Advanced ---

B-VOP:

N-VOP: N-VOP

QPel:

GMC:

--- Audio Information ---

No of Audio Streams: 1

Audio Codec: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer 3

Audio Bitrate: 128kb/s CBR 48000 Hz

Audio Channel Count: 2

Interleave: 40ms

Preload: 504ms

Audio alignment: Aligned

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
699.82 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Repossessed 1990 DVDRip XviD WhaleD (Leslie Nielson Exorcist spoof)