Ramblin Jack Elliott A Stranger Here (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 4
leechers: 0
Added on May 11, 2012 by rogerccin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Ramblin Jack Elliott A Stranger Here (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 103.08 MB)
 01. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Rising High Water Blues.mp38.93 MB
 02. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Death Don't Have No Mercy.mp314.04 MB
 03. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Rambler's Blues.mp311.95 MB
 04. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Soul Of A Man.mp39.75 MB
 05. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Richland Women Blues.mp310.08 MB
 06. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Grinnin' In Your Face.mp39 MB
 07. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - New Stranger Blues.mp37.83 MB
 08. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Falling Down Blues.mp311.2 MB
 09. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - How Long Blues.mp310.88 MB
 10. Ramblin' Jack Elliott - Please Remember Me.mp39.29 MB
 Front.jpg148.69 KB

Description

Ramblin' Jack Elliott - A Stranger Here
Label: Anti-Epitaph
Released: April 7 2009
Format: Mp3@320

Born two years into the last big depression, Ramblin' Jack Elliott must have assumed he'd never see another. But here the folk legend rings in the new with songs from the old, sensitively produced by Joe Henry. Underlining the contemporary resonance, he begins with Blind Lemon Jefferson's Rising High Water Blues, reworked as a New Orleans dirge. The cracks in the 77-year-old voice only make songs like Death Don't Have No Mercy even more intimate.

Tracklist :
1. Rising High Water Blues [3:54]
2. Death Don't Have No Mercy [6:08]
3. Rambler's Blues [5:13]
4. Soul Of A Man [4:15]
5. Richland Women Blues [4:24]
6. Grinnin' In Your Face [3:55]
7. New Stranger Blues [3:25]
8. Falling Down Blues [4:53]
9. How Long Blues [4:45]
10. Please Remember Me [4:03]

Personnel
Ramblin' Jack Elliott – vocals, guitar
Greg Leisz – guitar, dobro, mandolin, mandola, Weissenborn
Jay Bellerose – drums, percussion
Keith Ciancia – piano, keyboards
Van Dyke Parks – piano, vibraphone
David Pitch – double bass
David Hidalgo – guitar, accordion

Ramblin Jack at Pete Seeger's 90th Birthday Celebration on May 3, 2009, Madison Square Garden, NYC,

"Nobody I know—and I mean nobody—has covered more ground and made more friends and sung more songs than the fellow you're about to meet right now. He's got a song and a friend for every mile behind him. Say hello to my good buddy, Ramblin' Jack Elliott." (Johnny Cash, The Johnny Cash Television Show, 1969.)

Elliot Charles Adnopoz was born in Brooklyn, New York to Jewish parents in 1931. Elliott grew up inspired by the rodeos at Madison Square Garden, and wanted to be a cowboy. Though encouraged to follow his father's example and become a surgeon, Elliott rebelled, running away from home at the age of 15 to join Col. Jim Eskew's Rodeo, the only rodeo east of the Mississippi. They traveled throughout the Mid-Atlantic states and New England. He was only with them for three months before his parents tracked him down and had him sent home, but Elliott was exposed to his first singing cowboy, Brahmer Rogers, a rodeo clown who played guitar and five-string banjo, sang songs, and recited poetry. Back home, Elliott taught himself guitar and started busking for a living. Eventually he got together with Woody Guthrie and stayed with him as an admirer and student.
With banjo player Derroll Adams, he toured the United Kingdom and Europe. By 1960, he had recorded three folk albums for the UK record label Topic Records. In London, he played small clubs and pubs by day and West End cabaret nightclubs at night. When he returned to the States, Elliott found he had become renowned in American folk music circles.
Woody Guthrie had the greatest influence on Elliott. Woody's son, Arlo, saidthat because of Woody's illness and early death, Arlo never really got to know him, but learned his father's songs and performing style from Elliott. Elliott's guitar and his mastery of Guthrie's material had a big impact on Bob Dylan when he lived in Minneapolis.[2] When he reached New York, Dylan was sometimes referred to as the 'son' of Jack Elliott, because Elliott had a way of introducing Dylan's songs with the words: "Here's a song from my son, Bob Dylan." Dylan rose to prominence as a songwriter; Elliott continued as an interpretative troubadour, bringing old songs to new audiences in his idiosyncratic manner. Elliott also influenced Phil Ochs, and played guitar and sang harmony on Ochs' song "Joe Hill" from the Tape from California album. Elliott also discovered Singer-Songwriter, Guthrie Thomas, in a bar in Northern California in 1974 bringing Thomas to Hollywood where Thomas' music career began.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
103.08 MB
seeders:4
leechers:0
Ramblin Jack Elliott A Stranger Here (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]